• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Ajax chat

The problem with IRC is that you need to login and that seems to put people off just jumping into a conversation, whereas if it was an AJAX/Shoutbox style solution, the chat is just there and users can comment quickly.

I've always thought IRC was the better solution (especially for server load!) but our users just don't like it as much and would much prefer a shoutbox type solution like in the OP. Having said that, I really like the look of cometchat...

Hey Brogan this sounds really interesting,

When I get my toes wet into the code I think I might start developing addons, and this seems like a great addon to do. As for AJAX, I released a small ajax Framework a few years ago called CJAX, and I believe it could be used. Anyways, I think this is exciting and would like to know if there are any details on how the procedures work for addons, like are they paid for, or how does it work?

Top Bottom