[AH] Discord Widget [Deleted]

Okay if you want the icon, this what you have to do. You'll have to download Material Font Icons, upload it somewhere on your server and link to it in the PAGE_CONTAINER or page_container_js_head template like so:
Code:
<link href="/path/to/materialdesignicons.min.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

After that, add this to EXTRA.css
Code:
.discord-widget h3:before {
    font-family: "Material Design Icons";
    font-size: 16px;
    content: "\f66f";
    margin-right: 6px;
    text-align: center;
    width: 1.28571429em;
    display: inline-block;
}

If you want the colored "Join Server" button then go to the "[AH] Discord Widget" style properties and then choose "Join Button." and make the background this color: rgb(114,137,218) and the color white.

Last edited:
that is so painful, i may have to request that haha, when i grab time ill look into getting that discord changed in sidebar

Yeah, I'm pretty sure people have already requested. I'm already using Material Font Icons for my node icons, so it wasn't a big deal for me. :)

Okay if you want the icon, this what you have to do. You'll have to download Material Font Icons, upload it somewhere on your server and link to it in the PAGE_CONTAINER or page_container_js_head template like so:
Code:
<link href="/path/to/materialdesignicons.min.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

After that, add this to EXTRA.css
Code:
    font-family: "Material Design Icons"
    content: "\f66f"
}

If you want the colored "Join Server" button then go to the "[AH] Discord Widget" style properties and then choose "Join Button." and make the background this color: rgb(114,137,218) and the color white.
Matt where should i upload the icons thing and how do i link it to page container?

Matt where should i upload the icons thing and how do i link it to page container?

Just upload it wherever your main style is. For you it would be /styles/zipped/xenforo/css/materialdesignicons.min.css. :)

Then link to it in the PAGE_CONTAINER template like so:
Code:
<link href="/styles/zipped/xenforo/css/materialdesignicons.min.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Just upload it wherever your main style is. For you it would be /styles/zipped/xenforo/css/materialdesignicons.min.css. :)

Then link to it in the PAGE_CONTAINER template like so:
Code:
<link href="/styles/zipped/xenforo/css/materialdesignicons.min.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
i did all that matt nothing happened

i did all that matt nothing happened

Go to PAGE_CONTAINER and after this line
Code:
<!--XenForo_Require:CSS-->

Add this
Code:

Go to EXTRA.css and add this:
Code:
    font-family: "Material Design Icons";
    content: "\f66f";
}

Is there a way to change the position of the widget ? Right now it's above Staff Online now and i would like it under the Share this page block instead. In the options there is nowhere to do such thing.

I am not using BD framework.

Thank you for the assistance.

Is there a way to change the position of the widget ? Right now it's above Staff Online now and i would like it under the Share this page block instead. In the options there is nowhere to do such thing.

I am not using BD framework.

Thank you for the assistance.

You would have to edit the template modification associated with this add-on. I don't have time to go more in depth right now, but I will later if you still need more assistance.

Awesome that would be great if you don't mind. I wish you an awesome evening and have fun with whatever you are doing and thanks for the help!

Thank you for this widget :)
I have installed it and set my group permissions on it and set the server id etc. I do not have the [bd] Widget Framework installed.

Upon refreshing my forum homepage, I see a place has been added to my sidebar for the widget, but the discord bit is not rendering. I have no ideas why :(

Thank you for this widget :)
I have installed it and set my group permissions on it and set the server id etc. I do not have the [bd] Widget Framework installed.

Upon refreshing my forum homepage, I see a place has been added to my sidebar for the widget, but the discord bit is not rendering. I have no ideas why :(

Please check the FAQ and see that will solve your problem. :)

I've set permissions, used the right server info. I'm running UI:X

The sidebar appears and can show online users, however it's not coming up with a Channel list. Any thoughts?

@Matt C.

Last edited:
Top Bottom