Add-on Agree with the terms first to enter/view an Exclusive Forum

rdn

Is there any addon available similar to this one?
If not, here's what I want.

Add an additional option in "Preferences"

Here is the scenario.
We have an Exclusive/Private forum that we want to hide first to all members.
They will be able to view that certain forum after they agree the term on their preferences by checking the button then save.

For this I would use a combination of the Custom Fields system and User Group Promotions.

So create a custom preference field with the appropriate options and text with a link to the rules. Have options of "I accept" and "I do not accept" (have the default as do not accept).

Then create a user group promotion that checks the value of this field. Where the value is "I accept", the user group promotion will add them to an additional usergroup which has access to that forum.

For this I would use a combination of the Custom Fields system and User Group Promotions.

So create a custom preference field with the appropriate options and text with a link to the rules. Have options of "I accept" and "I do not accept" (have the default as do not accept).

Then create a user group promotion that checks the value of this field. Where the value is "I accept", the user group promotion will add them to an additional usergroup which has access to that forum.
I will try this..
I haven't try to use Promotion's..
If you will guide me on this completely, it's much better :)

Yeah, I don't think you can set defaults, actually, so how about a checkbox?

Something like this:

60AGM.png

v8zpM.png

Should look like this:

Wzc9w.png

Top Bottom