XF 1.1 After import, the duplicate content ordeal lol.

• Thread starter Thread starter vVv
  • Start date Start date
V

vVv

I was wondering, I have alot of threads, posts, duplicated as such..

My Cat Thread - posted 2010 - first original post has 1 "like". - since 2010
My Cat Thread - posted 2010 - first original post has 3 "likes" - since 2011
My Cat Thread - posted 2010 - first original post has 10 "likes" - since 2012

-- My Cat Thread (post 2 by billy) - posted 2010- second original post has 1 "like". - since 2010
-- My Cat Thread (post 2 by billy) - posted 2010- second original post has 3 "like". - since 2011
-- My Cat Thread (post 2 by billy) - posted 2010- second original post has 15 "like". - since 2012

Would or could it be merged together as such:
My Cat Thread - posted 2010 - first original post has 14 "like". - since 2012
-- My Cat Thread (post 2 by billy) - posted 2010 - second original post has 19 "like".- since 2012

Like, all original thread and post author's stuff merged/compacted into one.. keeping all the "likes" and such too? Thought maybe there was database query to run haha. :P

In short no. You cant simply merge or remove the duplicates from the database, there is too many dependencies.

You'll have to go through and manually remove it from the front end.

In short no. You cant simply merge or remove the duplicates from the database, there is too many dependencies.

You'll have to go through and manually remove it from the front end.

Ah okay, was afraid of that lol. I was trying to merge them quickly, by opening three different browser tabs in "forum view" .. selected two to merge in one tab, selected two in another tab, and selected another two in third tab.. to do mass merging quickly... but two from first tab, merged with the two selected in second tab and so forth. Lol!! That was fail. :ROFLMAO: I don't care for the being reloaded into the merge thread after a merge though either, cause then I gotta go back to forum view again (every second counts lmfao :P) to merge some more.. Ah well. lol

Top Bottom