AdX (via FORUMCAST) for XenForo Forums - One Way to Do It [Deleted]

Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet submitted a new resource:

AdX (via FORUMCAST) for XenForo Forums - One Way to Do It - AdX (via FORUMCAST) placement I use for good earnings and user experience

I decided to write out how I do my AdX (via FORUMCAST) ad placements.

This is primarily meant to be a resource to myself for those times that I experiment and forget how to return to my defaults. I'm sharing it here for others who may want to do something similar.

There is no warranty that this will work for you. You are welcome to use it at your own risk.

The goals of this method are to achieve a good balance between revenue and user experience. I also wanted to keep SEO in mind.

AdX...

Read more about this resource...

So, a little confused. Do(Can) you use Google Adx direct, or do you do it through an agent such as ForumCast?
When I visit google.com/adx (with the same browser window that logins in to AdSense OK) I told;
"A DoubleClick Ad Exchange account does not exist for this login ()."

Most people will need to do it through an agent like Forumcast. But, its still worth it, because of the model change in payments, you get significantly better payout.

So, a little confused. Do(Can) you use Google Adx direct, or do you do it through an agent such as ForumCast?
When I visit google.com/adx (with the same browser window that logins in to AdSense OK) I told;
"A DoubleClick Ad Exchange account does not exist for this login ()."

I believe you can apply directly here: https://www.google.com/appserve/fb/forms/revenuemanagement/

However, my understanding is that in order to be approved directly, you have to have more than 5 million page views per month and meet a number of other criteria that most of us don't meet. I didn't find any information about this directly from Google, but several other sources said as much.

For those of us who don't qualify to be approved directly, networks like FORUMCAST give us a chance to use AdX ads. Those networks earn a commission in return.

Hello,

Have you tested data-ad-format="rectangle,horizontal" or data-ad-format="auto"?
I think this can simplify responsive Adsense/Adx placements a lot.

Thanks for this resource!

Hello,

Have you tested data-ad-format="rectangle,horizontal" or data-ad-format="auto".
I think this can simplify responsive Adsense/Adx placements a lot.

Thanks for this resource!

I haven't tried that because I want to choose specific sizes which I know fit my site and which perform well (300x250, 728x90). I don't want to automatically get 336x280 (pays well but doesn't look good IMO) or 468x60 (pays poorly) for example. But I'm guessing they would work.

In other words, Forumcast gives you ads like this:

Rich (BB code):
<script>
google_ad_client="ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
google_ad_slot="yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy";
google_ad_width=300;
google_ad_height=250;
</script><script src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

Async version (tested, works):

Rich (BB code):
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
style="display:inline-block;width:300px;height:250px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
data-ad-slot="yyyyyyyyyyyy">
</ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle=window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

Responsive version (untested but probable would work):

Rich (BB code):
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
data-ad-slot="yyyyyyyyyyyy">
data-ad-format="auto">
</ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle=window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

Last edited:
Top Bottom