XF 1.1 Advertisements?

K Ozturk

Hello,

How do we activate the Advertisement Management module, if there is any, and how do we place the banners? Is there an instruction for this that I am missing?

Thanks.

The onus is on the purchaser to ensure the product they are purchasing fulfils their requirements.
That goes for any product.

I'm not quite sure why you think I or XenForo have anything to apologise about.

I have done nothing but try to help you since your first post.
You may want to consider your own attitude and how you respond before accusing others.

Never mind. Tit to tat will not get us anywhere. I'd like to move forward with this. Thanks Brogan for your help so far.

Also thanks Jake for the heads up. I'm checking them out.

Right.

Not entirely pleased with the current situation. May be it's because I don't quite understand what is what at the moment, but Xenforo's current failure to offer a half-decent ads management tool as part of the core or an option to a "pro" paid forum solution is not so gratifying.
I can only speak in a comparative sense...

The forum software I am moving from has absolutely no add-ons or banner setup whatsoever, not even instructions or templates or anything else. This is a piece of SW which has been around for 8+ years and has tens of thousands of users. I rolled my own there - it took me quite a number of hours to do things like make X banner show in Y forum. I had to write pattern matching Javascript, etc. etc.

When I tried out XF (only testing it so far), I was able to get the ads working in less than one hour.....and even that was my fault, it should have taken less time except my hacking abilities are very poor! The placements are well documented as are the conditionals for putting ads in.

Any ad program you might have should work. There is very little reason a developer of XF should customize a solution. Sure, some want a very basic program and perhaps there is a small market, but I think you are reaching to say that XF is lacking in this sense.

IMHO, of course. If you want more detail on how to use an external program such as mysimple ads, adverts, etc. let me know and I will try to post a guide. Adverts, as I said, is ancient but the code was very good perl and it serves millions of impressions per month for me.

Top Bottom