Advertisement Manager [Deleted]

for some reason the advertisement node is not showing in ACP.
I am using 1.2.1.

Does going to /admin.php?adverts take you to the page?

Please could you re-import the XML file? It's likely admin navigation wasn't rebuilt correctly.

Liam

I did the reimporting several times now .. no sucess.

Going to /admin.php?adverts leads to a "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Last edited:
Can you uninstall the addon and then install it again? Also, go into Admin Permissions and give yourself/the admin account permission to manage adverts :)

Liam

Anyone using this with earlier XF versions?

I know Liam said it should work - just checking to see if it does!

Can you uninstall the addon and then install it again? Also, go into Admin Permissions and give yourself/the admin account permission to manage adverts :)

Liam
I have uninstalled it several times.
Also, there is no option in permissions to manage adverts!

Hello, just tried installing and got the following error on install. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in [...]/forum/library/LiamAds/Addon.php on line 55

Hello, just tried installing and got the following error on install. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in [...]/forum/library/LiamAds/Addon.php on line 55

Missed your reply! This is a bug in (the very outdated) PHP 5.2. I'll release an update later today probably.

Thanks for the add-on, Liam. Very nice and easy to use.

Question: is it possible to put two small ads (125 x 125) side-by-side in the sidebar?

Thanks for the add-on, Liam. Very nice and easy to use.

Question: is it possible to put two small ads (125 x 125) side-by-side in the sidebar?

Have the ad code contain both adverts, and use the sidebar advertisement hook, and it should work fine :)

You may need to play with the CSS in the ad code though ;)

Liam

Have the ad code contain both adverts, and use the sidebar advertisement hook, and it should work fine :)

You may need to play with the CSS in the ad code though ;)

Liam

Thanks!

Another question: what if you want different ads stacked, one on top of another, in the sidebar, and some you don't want to rotate, and some you do? Would the solution be to create an ad code containing all the ads you want to appear in the sidebar at any one time, or is there another way to handle this?

I downloaded and tried to install this on my 1.2.2 demo site and after i press install addon (with the xml added) it just goes to a blank screen....any ideas?

Top Bottom