Add-on Advanced Thread Archiver Addon

Jake B.

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on an automatic thread archiver addon for XenForo, and need some ideas for it. The current plan for it is as follows:

- Per-Node rules
- Automatically move, close or soft/hard delete thread after a set amount of time since it's creation, or since it's last post

Here are some things I would like to see.
  • Be able to search archived threads separate from live threads. In the search page you see those tabs right? Include a tab that says archived threads or something like that. Add a user group permission for who can search archived threads.
  • Somewhere in the admin cp, show how many threads are archived. Preferably in the forum statistics block on the main admin cp page.
  • Users can vote for threads to be re opened. In the settings we should be able to set how many votes a thread needs to be opened. Add a user group permission for this.
  • URL of archived content should not change for SEO
  • I want the threads to be able to be moved to a defined forum. Also you should include the option to have the threads appear in their original forum as we'll with an icon that indicates it's archived. To clarify have the threads be moved to a defined forum and show in their original forum.
  • Remove reply and watch functions for archived threads.
  • Use a remote server to house the archives to make the site faster. (useful for big boards)
  • In the tools section of the admin cp include a section that logs when threads are archived. It should say the thread title and the date it was archived. Maybe also include the date it was started, not sure if that would be useful. Also if your gonna include the ability for users to vote for threads to be opened then include logs for users who vote. Should include username and date they voted.
Looking forward to see what's gonna happen with this add on. :)

• Be able to search archived threads separate from live threads. In the search page you see those tabs right? Include a tab that says archived threads or something like that. Add a user group permission for who can search archived threads.
  • Somewhere in the admin cp, show how many threads are archived. Preferably in the forum statistics block on the main admin cp page.
  • Users can vote for threads to be re opened. In the settings we should be able to set how many votes a thread needs to be opened. Add a user group permission for this.
  • URL of archived content should not change for SEO
  • I want the threads to be able to be moved to a defined forum. Also you should include the option to have the threads appear in their original forum as we'll with an icon that indicates it's archived. To clarify have the threads be moved to a defined forum and show in their original forum.
  • Use a remote server to house the archives to make the site faster. (useful for big boards)
  • In the tools section of the admin cp include a section that logs when threads are archived. It should say the thread title and the date it was archived. Maybe also include the date it was started, not sure if that would be useful. Also if your gonna include the ability for users to vote for threads to be opened then include logs for users who vote. Should include username and date they voted.
Looking forward to see what's gonna happen with this add on. :)
  • You already will be able to, the 'archiving' just moves it to a separate node
  • Same as above (kind of) I might make it so it keeps track of how many posts are in the archived forums.
  • I might add that in a future release, it's a pretty good idea
  • See point #1 and #2
  • See point #1 and #2
  • It will use the permissions of the archive board
  • Not sure that'd be possible
  • Seems like a log of archived threads would be kind of useless, since you can see all the threads in the archive board, but I can make one that logs it anyways, and the action it took (move, close, soft/hard delete).

• You already will be able to, the 'archiving' just moves it to a separate node
  • Same as above (kind of) I might make it so it keeps track of how many posts are in the archived forums.
  • I might add that in a future release, it's a pretty good idea
  • See point #1 and #2
  • See point #1 and #2
  • It will use the permissions of the archive board
  • Not sure that'd be possible
  • Seems like a log of archived threads would be kind of useless, since you can see all the threads in the archive board, but I can make one that logs it anyways, and the action it took (move, close, soft/hard delete).

I figured you already planned to move the archived threads to a defined node. I just wanted to clarify about the threads showing in their original nodes as well. Will you add the search function? I couldn't find an answer in your response. :P Also the remote server thing is possible because IPB does it.

You can already search for threads in specific forums. Also, the archived posts are being stored in the same location as the other posts, so I see no way of storing them on a separate server, only thing I could think of is enabling master/slave support for XenForo. But that's not really doing what you want either.

You can already search for threads in specific forums. Also, the archived posts are being stored in the same location as the other posts, so I see no way of storing them on a separate server, only thing I could think of is enabling master/slave support for XenForo. But that's not really doing what you want either.

I'm talking about searching for archived threads seperate from live threads. So if i search "hello" it will only show archived threads not live threads.

(y) This is just what I'm looking for to use in For Sale and Wanted sections I have on my forum. Would like ALL threads in those 2 nodes to hard delete after a set 30, 60 or 90 days automatically.

This plugin currently has all of the functionality working for the initial release. Only thing left to do is the Admin UI for managing archive rules.

@BassMan It hasn't been removed, just relocated. If you already purchased it you still have the right to use it on any site you own, also if any future updates are made you will still have access to them. Just PM me your email address and I'll create the order for you so fetchapp will notify you of updates!

Does this add-on support support auto/triggered thread move when it is closed?

I've created a a sub/child forum called 'Archived' under 2 forums. If a thread is closed in a forum, I want to automatically (trigger or cron) move it to it's respective 'Archive' sub-forum. Similar to a previous posters scenario, I want threads in For Sale forum(s) moved to the Archive sub-form when they are sold/closed.

• I want the threads to be able to be moved to a defined forum.
These 2 also?

I've created a a sub/child forum called 'Archived' under 2 forums. If a thread is closed in a forum, I want to automatically (trigger or cron) move it to it's respective 'Archive' sub-forum. Similar to a previous posters scenario, I want threads in For Sale forum(s) moved to the Archive sub-form when they are sold/closed.

You can have it close a thread and move it after a certain amount of time, yes.

• I want the threads to be able to be moved to a defined forum.
That is posible.
Removing reply functions is done by having it close the thread. Currently there is no feature that will disable the watch functions.

You can have it close a thread and move it after a certain amount of time, yes.
The threads are already closed. My requirement is for an add-on to select which threads to move based on it's criteria being closed and non-sticky, and move it to the respective sub/child forum.

The threads are already closed. My requirement is for an add-on to select which threads to move based on it's criteria being closed and non-sticky, and move it to the respective sub/child forum.
Currently that functionality does not exist. Right now it can check for non-sticky posts, but there is no conditional for posts that are already closed. I can definately look into doing that as soon as I have time.

Top Bottom