• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Advanced Registration Protection...

Jaxel

I'm looking for the following registration features...
  • Question and answer multiple choice turing test...
There is a mod like this already on vBulletin... I have a directory of small images, all the images have recognizable names. The system will randomly select 5 images, then select one of those images and ask "Which one of these is <name_of_image>?". If the user gets it wrong, their registration will be rejected and they will have to try again... It should also use a "strikes" system.​

• Automatic unverified user cleanup...
There are four possible user states in XF: 'valid', 'email_confirm', 'email_confirm_edit' and 'moderated'. Obviously 'valid' and 'moderated' are self explanatory. However the other two are slightly different, 'email_confirm' means a user is NEW, and has not confirmed their account email; 'email_confirm_edit' means a user is VALID user, but recently edited their email and thus must reconfirm their email address.​
I am looking for the ability to automatically delete users who remain in the 'email_confirm' state for too long. For instance, if a user registers, and doesn't confirm their email for 2 weeks, I would like to get their account purged. The reason for this is to clean up spam. Often a spam bot will register 500+ accounts over the course of a month, that will just lie in wait on the forum. Then randomly several months later they will all verify their emails and start spamming.​
There is a mod for this in vBulletin, but it was problematic because if someone changed their email address, they were put in risk of getting their account deleted; even though they were previously verified users. Because of XenForo's 'email_confirm_edit' feature, this issue has already been resolved! You should also be able to set a maximum post requirement.​

I had been using a similar one with vBulletin. Hopefully a developer steps up and make a similar enhancement to registration. +1

Top Bottom