[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Can you please create a widget for your addon so I could place it on a page node?
I'll put it on the wish list for the add-on. But, being on the wish list does not guarantee it will be added or when it will be added.

Does anyone know why I cant get the 'promtion options' to work? I have set it all up to include a decision link in the thread that the application form posts too but when someone posts a application the link does not appear... "Report in new thread" is also selected in the "Report Type/Thread" section of the settings too.

Does anyone know why I cant get the 'promtion options' to work? I have set it all up to include a decision link in the thread that the application form posts too but when someone posts a application the link does not appear... "Report in new thread" is also selected in the "Report Type/Thread" section of the settings too.
Check your user group permissions (Can approve/deny submitted forms)...

formsperms.webp

The approve/deny links will show in the menu at the bottom of the post..
approvedeny.webp

That's actually been on my radar since XF 2 was released. But, it's not as simple as it sounds because the forms are dynamically created and not a fixed form with fixed answers like form fields in XF itself (options, etc.). So it's something I toy with from time to time, but not a priority.

I can say that type of thing would only be tied to Yes/No, Single selection dropdown, radio button and checkbox question types.

Last edited:
Can you use this add-on as a ticket system? ie the person who lodges the form will see the thread and also certain usergroups?

That's actually been on my radar since XF 2 was released. But, it's not as simple as it sounds because the forms are dynamically created and not a fixed form with fixed answers like form fields in XF itself (options, etc.). So it's something I toy with from time to time, but not a priority.

I can say that type of thing would only be tied to Yes/No, Single selection dropdown, radio button and checkbox question types.

I would definitely support this enhancement request. Our previous forms add-on scripts on VB4 had conditional fields & response, and for XF2 we had to kind of lump together the required answers into one selection which is not ideal.

Example Implementation:
Equipment Type selection would affect the available options for Brands, usually narrowing it down. Right now, in XF2, we had to lump all the brands together in one massive drop down.

Can you use this add-on as a ticket system? ie the person who lodges the form will see the thread and also certain usergroups?
The person that fills out the form can see the thread if they have permission to do so and they can be promoted to a user group.

Other than that, I would need more information about what you mean to be sure my answer is correct.

Hi @Snog
I was using "Simple Forms" at XF1.x in order to manage giveaways transparently.
Users had to answer a simple question and it was published in the participation thread (report type is great in your addon).
But there was also the option to easily download responses (participants, responses, date...):
imaxe001.webp
I normally download the CSV and create a Google Sheet with all participants, asign a number and wait for the National Lottery so there's no chance anyone can say I'm cheating (addons like yours would also work, but as they are not so transparent for the members... people tend to think there can be something wrong).
Well, after searching for it, the only way I found to do something similar is by:
a) Mysql query to find posters in a specific Node ID: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ers-in-a-specific-node-id.123503/post-1145046
b) "Save answers to database" option at "Form"
For both I need to go through mysql, which I would gladly avoid.
Any other advice or consideration?
Thanks in advance!

PS: not just for giveaways, I also use this to get feedback from users and it's way more easy to manage a spreadsheet than replies in a thread

Well, after searching for it, the only way I found to do something similar is by:
a) Mysql query to find posters in a specific Node ID: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ers-in-a-specific-node-id.123503/post-1145046
b) "Save answers to database" option at "Form"
For both I need to go through mysql, which I would gladly avoid.
Any other advice or consideration?
Thanks in advance!
These would be your only options.

The answers can be saved to the database, however, how you process them is up to you and isn't supported by me.

From the form settings...
NOTE: No processing is, or will be done with the data that is saved. The option is provided for those that would like to process the information on their own. People using this option should already know how to use, and extract information from, multiple database tables.
No support will be given for processing the xf_snog_forms_answers table.

There is a simple reason for that. You may want a CSV, then the next person would want XML, then the next person would want statistics on a field, the list goes on and on. So, for that reason I don't support any processing of any type for the data saved.

Top Bottom