Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

1) Would supporting payment (via user upgrade) when creating a form possible at some point in the future?
To be honest, I don't see it happening for a few reasons.

1) The sytem is intentionally designed so it doesn't store answers in the database. If any kind of payment system was added, the answers would have to be stored until the payment system verified payment. And only then could the post/pm/email take place.

2) I don't normally work with payment systems for the simple reason if I add one, then someone will want another, then another, and so on.

3) Working with payment systems can be a pain. If the payment system changes something, I'm forced to update the add-on or it stops working for everyone.

The only thing I might consider is a cron to watch for a usergroup change (which would confirm payment) and then automatically remove the 'moderated' flag from the post.

If I misunderstood your question, please do let me know. :)

1) Would supporting payment (via user upgrade) when creating a form possible at some point in the future?

Why don't you maybe look at having a subscription option that when paid will promote that member to a usergroup with permissions to post an application. This way you could allow members to have a time limit on the application posting as well. So they could purchase a day, week or month option as they want.

Why don't you maybe look at having a subscription option that when paid will promote that member to a usergroup with permissions to post an application. This way you could allow members to have a time limit on the application posting as well. So they could purchase a day, week or month option as they want.
This is mostly for guests who will make one-time post and pay.
I'm using Gravity Form in wordpress to accomplish this. It works really well.
https://www.quantnet.com/blog/?page_id=3849

Yeah well setting it up for guest maybe a bit of a challenge I think :D

Are you talking about the scroll text field?

Yes, that is the concept of some of what I would like to use it for. Not a fan of the rules in a scroll box though. I think it just needs to be put into a div inside the form, each div being given a unique id so that they can be styled via extra.css if needed.

I think the important point is that an option exists to output a block of text for use at any point, multiple points, in a form.
Here's what I've come up with..

agree.webp

That whole text area is moveable just like any other question and does accept BBCode.

The text for the 'I gree to the rules of this area' checkbox is able to be defined and the checkbox itself is optional. So if you decide to have the text say something like "By filling out this form I agree to these rules..." and don't need the checkbox, you can opt not to display it.

I'll also be changing the system so all questions accept BBCode.

Those who have purchased Advanced Application Forms will receive an update sometime today. Be sure to watch your PayPal email for the update.

Yeah but can they make a payment being a guest and I think this is the problem here :)

Yeah but can they make a payment being a guest and I think this is the problem here :)
Yes, unfortunately an add-on can't be everything to everyone. It's up to the user to decide if it will work for them.

There are ways around the payment problem. The most logical of which is, you could require registration and require a subscription fee which would change their usergroup to one that would be able to fill out the form.

But I can understand how Andy is doing it too. Both methods have their up and down sides.

This was the way I suggested he do it until I found out it was for guests :D

Is it possible with this addon that some of the fields on the form we create, can use the rich text editor in Xenforo?

If the answer is yes, then you have another few sales :)!

I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Why would you want the text editor to be used when someone is answering a question?

Because the most vital parts on our site involve applications and making them look as pretty as possible, because they are not for the staff but more so for the community so the community joins their projects. Typically people use our tabs bbcode addon, spoilers, etc to properly format things.

Its very much needed when a submission could be any where from 5 pages to 75 in terms of length. We just want an addon that can "Formalize" our requirements that way people don't miss things.

If it makes it easier one of the things that would work is instead of having the ability to decide which forms use the text editor, all of them could work the way they do now so people can answer our questions

and then at the bottom of the application we can have a text editor for any thing that people want to input and the ability to decide if its there or not.

Just some sort of rich text editor functionality will be welcomed.

Can you tell me the difference between this and another form addon here?
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/liquidpro-simple-forms.289/

I haven't used either but I'm curious to hear your opinion on technical aspect of it.
I don't think I'm the best one to answer that question because I would be a bit bias. ;)

But, in my opinion the Advanced Application Forms system is much more powerful from the standpoint of setting up the form to it's ability to promote users. And it's been in use much longer on hundreds (if not thousands) of vB sites, with a 4.87 average rating.

Perhaps someone who has purchased the system will voice their opinion.

Last edited:
Can you tell me the difference between this and another form addon here? http://xenforo.com/community/resources/liquidpro-simple-forms.289/
I've used the other one, and I ditched it. Crappy support, complicated mess to get a form in and working, and overall, not very user friendly IMHO. I dropped it not long after downloading it, because it sucked to use as an admin.

This one is simple, easy and really quick to use. Create your form name, add your fields, tick the boxes to send it live and done.

Good to know, Anthony. I hope this will be actively supported and developed and best of luck to the author.

Just an FYI for everyone.

The system works without any problems with the XenForo 1.2 release.

Top Bottom