Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

OK, the users being reverted is taking place because you most likely have 'Reverse Instant Promote' checked in the poll options.

So far as the error goes, it appears that a user that filled out an application no longer exists on your site (user ID 830). If you can locate that application thread and delete it, the error should go away.

OK, the users being reverted is taking place because you most likely have 'Reverse Instant Promote' checked in the poll options.

So far as the error goes, it appears that a user that filled out an application no longer exists on your site (user ID 830). If you can locate that application thread and delete it, the error should go away.

Yup, some fella signed up using his real name and asked me to change his account name. That was the problem. Thank you Snog! I'll have to purchase more of your products in the future!

Yup, some fella signed up using his real name and asked me to change his account name. That was the problem. Thank you Snog! I'll have to purchase more of your products in the future!
Thank you for letting me know about the problem. I never anticipated a user being deleted after they filled out a form. I've already added a trap for that in the next release so non-existent users will just be skipped.

Hello Snog. How about the possibility to open some small forms in overlay?
That would be really great. :coffee:

Hello Snog. How about the possibility to open some small forms in overlay?
That would be really great. :coffee:
I'll put it on the wish list for the add-on. But I don't think it will be possible because I do believe an overlay would lose the error checking when a form is submitted. I'll have to look at it closer to know for sure.

Thanks for put this on the wishlist!
When you said: "I do believe an overlay would lose the error checking when a form is submitted"
That error is displayed in overlay right? on this case I remember I've been testing with other addon that open (x) overlay and clicking some link on that overlay it open other different overlay (y) without any problem.
and I know another addon for trading that open a form on overlay and if there are some error it display the error normally. Clicking again to open the form even don't lose the info. so maybe this is very possible, I guess (y)

Last edited:
This is my scenario:
a node when people buy and sell stuff.
user x (seller) open a thread selling t-shirts.
the user x frequently post messages with all the new t-shirts available.
each message contain attachments (pics) and a link with a form that open in overlay.
That form contain the follow questions: color, quantity, size, etc...
user y (buyer) look and want to buy a t-shirt posted in the message #23
Easy. the user click on the link, fill the form, and start the transaction with the buyer easily. without leave the thread, cause the form open in overlay. (y)

Thanks for put this on the wishlist!
When you said: "I do believe an overlay would lose the error checking when a form is submitted"
That error is displayed in overlay right? on this case I remember I've been testing with other addon that open (x) overlay and clicking some link on that overlay it open other different overlay (y) without any problem.
but I don't know if that could be the case of the error messages.
In general, yes that's what I mean. Overlays in general contain content that can't generate an error if something is missing, like the user preferences in your user dropdown. Even XF itself sends you to a complete page (not an overlay) where if something is missing an error can be generated. Again, I could be wrong about that and I'll have to look at it closer when the time comes.

[...]I know another addon for trading that open a form on overlay and if there are some error it display the error normally. Clicking again to open the form even don't lose the info. so maybe this is very possible, I guess (y)
updated.
if you want, I can send you a link with this scenario: a form that open a overlay and generate some error due something missing in the form. ;)

updated.
if you want, I can send you a link with this scenario: a form that open a overlay and generate some error due something missing in the form. ;)
No need. Like I said, I could be wrong and I would look at the situation when the time comes.

Pre-Sale questions:
  • Is it possible to re-order elements in forms?
  • Is it possible to ask user to upload a file? (File Upload Box) (Does it support multiple attachments?)
  • Is it possible to save records in a file? (To use for newsletter forms in order to collect emails in a txt file or any suitable and easy to use format)
  • Is it possible to enable editor for text fields?
Regards

Pre-Sale questions:

Is it possible to re-order elements in forms?

Yes

Is it possible to ask user to upload a file? (File Upload Box) (Does it support multiple attachments?)

Yes and Yes

Is it possible to save records in a file? (To use for newsletter forms in order to collect emails in a txt file or any suitable and easy to use format)

No. Answers to questions in forms are only posted, sent by PC or sent by email.

Is it possible to enable editor for text fields?

No.

No. Answers to questions in forms are only posted, sent by PC or sent by email.
Will these (All or some of them) be added in next updates? (I use "Interspire email marketing" and it has great tools and form creator and ... But I prefer to use something fully integrated with my forum. Like your add-on. Because of this, I need those options)
Thanks

Will these (All or some of them) be added in next updates? (I use "Interspire email marketing" and it has great tools and form creator and ... But I prefer to use something fully integrated with my forum. Like your add-on. Because of this, I need those options)
Thanks
Saving answers to the database has been on the wish list for a while and it hasn't been added yet. So, I don't anticipate adding saving answers to a file in the near future.

Enabling the WYSIWYG editor for answers has not even been considered and I'm not even sure why it would be needed.

Saving answers to the database has been on the wish list for a while and it hasn't been added yet. So, I don't anticipate adding saving answers to a file in the near future.

Enabling the WYSIWYG editor for answers has not even been considered and I'm not even sure why it would be needed.
Editor is not as important as saving answers for me.
We have different newsletters and we don't want to lose the way we are connected to users using forms.

Thanks for your answers. This add-on added to my wishlist and will be purchased soon. Hope to see saving answers (just like newsletter forms) in next updates too.

Another great suggestion. :coffee:
Add more lines on this way: (poll style)
I still don't see the need for this because multiple lines can be entered in a multi-line text box. And you're talking about changing a single input answer into an array of answers which just isn't possible at this point in time.

Besides that, it would be much faster for someone to paste a group of text (links, or whatever) into a single box than it would be to click 'Add more' and paste one line at a time.

Last edited:
Hello,

Is there anyway to redirect user to this form when user click the "create new thread" button in specified forum ?
And another question , what would happen if applicant can't see the forum where it form will going to post ?
I mean what if it's a forum that only staff's can see. Would that cause any trouble ?

Hello,

Is there anyway to redirect user to this form when user click the "create new thread" button in specified forum ?

This ability is in the next release. It is not in the current release.

And another question , what would happen if applicant can't see the forum where it form will going to post ?
I mean what if it's a forum that only staff's can see. Would that cause any trouble ?

This can be done, and the safest way is to create a user that does all of the posting of forms (ie: 'Application System'). Make sure that user has post permissions for the hidden forum and set the user ID as the user that posts the forms in the report options.

It can usually also be done through permissions, but people tend to get paranoid if they see a user that doesn't have access to post in a hidden forum. So the special user is usually used.

Top Bottom