Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I am receiving the following error when posting an application:

You have the same User ID (1) as the Private Conversation User ID.
This is not allowed.
Please correct the report options for this application.
The application has not been submitted.

No idea what to do or how to fix this? Anyone else experienced this?
The answer is in the error. In the report options for the form, the PC sender is you. That is not allowed because you can't send a PC to yourself.

pcstarter.webp

I am not sure if this is the right place to get support but ah well;

I have had this add-on for a while now and me being my noobish, poor learning self I can not get the form to show up for any users other than Admins, how do I erm add the permissions

Thanks so much sorry for the what is most likely incredibly stupid question

Last edited:
Love this addon! Any chance to get multiple secondary user groups added or at the very least prefixs added by question (checkboxes hopefully)?

Using this for a multi-game community and being able to label the apps by game would help a ton. So either they could be added to multiple user groups on promote (different games) or add a prefix to their thread title with games they play [RO], [BD], etc so that the recruitment staff could give them the groups.

Thanks Snog!

I am not sure if this is the right place to get support but ah well;

I have had this add-on for a while now and me being my noobish, poor learning self I can not get the form to show up for any users other than Admins, how do I erm add the permissions

Thanks so much sorry for the what is most likely incredibly stupid question
Check the Criteria you have set for both the Application Type and Application Form. Users must meet the criteria for both to see forms.

Love this addon! Any chance to get multiple secondary user groups added or at the very least prefixs added by question (checkboxes hopefully)?

Using this for a multi-game community and being able to label the apps by game would help a ton. So either they could be added to multiple user groups on promote (different games) or add a prefix to their thread title with games they play [RO], [BD], etc so that the recruitment staff could give them the groups.

Thanks Snog!
Multiple secondary user groups is on the wish list already and may be in the next release.

Sorry, different prefixes based on questions most like won't happen.

Is there a way I can set the "upload file" option as required? I use the addon daily and I often get submissions with no file attached. Thank you.​

Question, I just purchased this [paypal email is: Corvezeo@gmail.com] I also purchased your private threads addon, I was wondering if members are able to make new threads that are created via [application] are able to be private between the member who created the application and the set groups who are allowed to view and edit them, why this is needed is, for example, purchase support where sensitive information is posted. Any ideas?

Question, I just purchased this [paypal email is: Corvezeo@gmail.com] I also purchased your private threads addon, I was wondering if members are able to make new threads that are created via [application] are able to be private between the member who created the application and the set groups who are allowed to view and edit them, why this is needed is, for example, purchase support where sensitive information is posted. Any ideas?
You really didn't need the private threads add-on for this particular purpose.

All you needed to do for the form was to set the Post User ID to 0 (zero) so the user filling out the form is the one that posts it. And then set the permissions for the forum the form is posted in so users can not view other people's threads (revoke View threads by others).

We already have this addon and use it for a few various forms, however, we have a new form that we need to create and I'd like the addon to create the thread in a specific format. IE, I'd like a to be able to design the post and use placeholders like {1} and {2} etc... in my template, which would automatically put the answers to those questions into my template before posting. Is this currently possible or planned?

We already have this addon and use it for a few various forms, however, we have a new form that we need to create and I'd like the addon to create the thread in a specific format. IE, I'd like a to be able to design the post and use placeholders like {1} and {2} etc... in my template, which would automatically put the answers to those questions into my template before posting. Is this currently possible or planned?
That is not currently possible, and it is not planned.

is this good for a forum where we want to close registrations and only allow new members who fulfill an application form with questions from the admin, then the admin can review the applications and only allow the ones he want?

is this good for a forum where we want to close registrations and only allow new members who fulfill an application form with questions from the admin, then the admin can review the applications and only allow the ones he want?
You can use it for whatever you want. But, be aware that the forms system does not interface with the registration system at all.

Hey there, had a look around but couldn't find the answer - Is there anyway to make the 'application forms' tab a subtab of the forums?

Hey there, had a look around but couldn't find the answer - Is there anyway to make the 'application forms' tab a subtab of the forums?
By subtab, do you mean a link?

If yes, you would have to do a template modification to XenForo's navigation template with a link to applicationform/types.

Hi, if I have the "New Thread Button to Application" active and under the Criteria option I set "users posted at least 50 posts", will this work with Tapatalk users?

Hi, if I have the "New Thread Button to Application" active and under the Criteria option I set "users posted at least 50 posts", will this work with Tapatalk users?
To my knowledge the add-on does not work with Tapatalk at all. And there are no plans to support Tapatalk.

@Snog I've bought the add-on, but still configuring it. I have a question:

If I dedicate a new empty forum for the applications to come in (one thread per application), can I make the "post new thread" button function/redirect to the page for filling the application?

I thought there was an option for this but it is not working. This is my only application:

1.webp

Top Bottom