AdSense Tips?

JABRONI

I just started a forum a few months ago & we are doing pretty good. I never put ads on a forum before, but I decided to try it on this site. I started about 2-3 months ago & we are almost at 6k unique visitors this month w/ ~70,000 page views. I really want to get some stuff for this site, but I really can't afford it out of pocket so ads is the way to go.

I always see this thing about people making a good money off of ads. I have no clue what the range of money you're supposed to make is off the stats I provided, but I feel it should be more than 25-50c a day.

Should I put my ads in certain places? I have an ad underneath the quick reply & one underneath the forum container. That's all the ads I have on the site. Should I add more? Any tips in general on adsense?

Thank you to anyone who can actually help me here. It means a lot.

forums aren't that great of an adsense earner. Build some content to other pages like a blog or something and try to flow the traffic to those pages.

try to integrate other revenue streams such as direct advertising sales, affiliate marketing and whatever else.

I just started a forum a few months ago & we are doing pretty good. I never put ads on a forum before, but I decided to try it on this site. I started about 2-3 months ago & we are almost at 6k unique visitors this month w/ ~70,000 page views. I really want to get some stuff for this site, but I really can't afford it out of pocket so ads is the way to go.
Yes, start putting ads now. You traffic numbers are quite the money maker. :) I wish I had numbers like you do right now. :(
I always see this thing about people making a good money off of ads. I have no clue what the range of money you're supposed to make is off the stats I provided, but I feel it should be more than 25-50c a day.
I'm guessing you're going to make more than I am. I'm making 25/50cents per "big story" and organic traffic. I think you're at a point where you can make $1 per day.
Should I put my ads in certain places? I have an ad underneath the quick reply & one underneath the forum container. That's all the ads I have on the site. Should I add more? Any tips in general on adsense?
Sidebar, skyscraper ads. Examples are in my sig, notably www.codforums.com I get decent traffic for a site that's on a stock xenforo skin. I can't imagine how much traffic I'd be getting if I put my bootstrapped money to use.
forums aren't that great of an adsense earner. Build some content to other pages like a blog or something and try to flow the traffic to those pages.
I disagree. CODForums says hi. MetalGearFans says hi. I agree a blog is a bigger money maker on a free software, but forums is as great money maker as blogs. His traffic numbers are higher than my very own CODForums, and I bet he can make more than I.

Don't over do it. Put one in ad_above_top_breadcrumb and one in ad_below_content. Maybe a small one in ad_sidebar_bottom.
If you get decent traffic that could bring in a couple or few hundred every month.

forums aren't that great of an adsense earner.
I'm not sure what you call great but I'm not dissatisfied with it right now, you have to know how to best implement though. With help from DigitalPoint and the Adsense consultant our revenue is now finally decent.

For the OP:

- try to mix up the ads with the actual content (pictures, text, other links) as much as possible
- change the colors / style /font of ads to fit your site
- use large ads where you got lots of space between divs, use small (text) ads to mix up with content
- ads in the middle of the page are far more efficient than at top, bottom or side
- make sure ads are displayed on all pages, if you have other sections on your site show them there as well
- make sure your members care about the ads, avoid ads that are off-topic
- use quality ads only

Check out the DigitalPoint add-on in the resources section.

I second that forums CAN be good for ads. Mine are doing very well now.

Income will depend on the subject matter - if your forum was about private jets or yachts you'd make more than if it's about a game.

Yes, try the DP add-on which puts ads inside posts - maybe just have it be shown to guests if you want to keep things cleaner for your members.

Note - you can usually make more $$ if you are willing to sell banner impressions yourself to possible advertisers - but that may not be possible in some cases.

Top Bottom