Adsense alternatives

Rho Delta

I'm looking for an adsense alternative that has a decent payout. The next best thing I have found in terms of revenue per impressions is Adbrite but my users were getting spyware and viruses from their ads so I took the adbrite ones down. Services I have tried that payout little to nothing even for tens of thousands of views are bidvertiser and chitika, not interested in those. I am all ears to alternatives!

I personally don't think you will find one!
It's a pretty simple economic equation - that is, the larger the universe of buyers, the closer to "market value" you are going to get paid. Google has FAR more clients than the other systems, so they should always pay more!
The exception would only be either directly sold ads by you - or, to become part of a network (if there was one) that might exist for targeted sites like yours. An example would be certain agencies which specialize in home improvement or similar ads.

All in all, being adsense is a tall order.

I can't really recommend any alternative networks, but have you considered selling ads directly? As an Adsense publisher you can get a free Doubleclick for Publisher (Small Business) account an add your own inventory into the mix. Selling directly you should be able to charge at least double the RPM that you earn from Adsense, if not more.

Also, have you looked at Viglink or Skimlink to monetise your site a bit more?

Cheers,
Shaun

I'd suggest sticking with Adsense, while you'll find programs out there. Adsense has always paid more unless you sell ads directly or use an affiliate program where you're selling items.

I can't really recommend any alternative networks, but have you considered selling ads directly? As an Adsense publisher you can get a free Doubleclick for Publisher (Small Business) account an add your own inventory into the mix. Selling directly you should be able to charge at least double the RPM that you earn from Adsense, if not more.

Also, have you looked at Viglink or Skimlink to monetise your site a bit more?

Cheers,
Shaun

Anna here w/ VigLink -- it's worth noting that a service like ours augments everything else you are doing (AdSense / Doubleclick /etc.), so it's definitely something worth looking into if you are on the hunt for additional ways to monetize.

If you have any specific Q's as the service relates to your site, let us know!

Cheers,
Anna

Anna here w/ VigLink -- it's worth noting that a service like ours augments everything else you are doing (AdSense / Doubleclick /etc.), so it's definitely something worth looking into if you are on the hunt for additional ways to monetize.

If you have any specific Q's as the service relates to your site, let us know!

Cheers,
Anna
I thought viglink was only for mobile styles...

Also can viglink be used on sites with adult content?

I thought viglink was only for mobile styles...

Also can viglink be used on sites with adult content?

a legacy reborn is correct, there is nothing in our TOS that prohibits publishers from using VigLink on sites with adult content.

And VigLink works with all types of sites as well. Ping us (support at viglink . com) if you have specific Q's on how to install.

Cheers,
Anna

Ad networks that paid me 5-10 times more than Adsense ON THE SAME SITES: Text-Link-Ads.com, LinkWorth.com, BuySellAds.com

Ad networks that paid me 5-10 times more than Adsense ON THE SAME SITES: Text-Link-Ads.com, LinkWorth.com, BuySellAds.com
Just for clarity - what type of site?
Was the "in your face" quotient the same as adsense? That is, I refuse to use the word linking etc.....

Besides adsense I use viglink and vibrant media.
To give you an idea of income compared to adsense.

adsense 100%
viglink 28%*
vibrantmedia 8%*
*lower than adsense

Viglink was doing double what my Adsense until I made some changes to my Adsense ads and now they are pretty equal. With viglink it depends on your community.

One thing that's actually quite annoying with respect to *VigLink is that when the words "forum software" is parsed, the shopping link refers to vBulletin.com
:oops:

Edit:
* Skimlinks

/backs away quietly ;)

I use ContextWeb in addition to Adsense and our ad sales team. ContextWeb let's you choose the price for your ads, so if you make $2.00 with Adsense, make the ContextWeb bid be $2.25.

They may have changed names, so if you don't find anything under ContextWeb I'll see what their new name is.

Top Bottom