Browser issue Adobe flash player: Security error in IE11 (Windows 8.1)

whynot

This message popping up:

An ActionScript error has occurred:

SecurityError: Error #2060: Security sandbox violation: ExternalInterface caller http://www.*****.com/js/swfupload/Flash/swfupload.swf cannot access <unknown>.
at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/_evalJS()
at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/call()
at ExternalCall$/Bool()
at SWFUpload/CheckExternalInterface()
at MethodInfo-10()
at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

I disabled flash upload, it's ceased on my forum but on another forum which is using XF it still exist.
(There is no need to use the flash uploader for the error to pop up)

Interesting. I just had a user send me this

That site pops up my webroot anti-virus software

************************************************** ************************************************** *
We recommend that you don't continue to this website because it is reported to contain the following threats:

Suspicious threat:
This is a suspicious site. There is a higher than average probability that you will be exposed to malicious links or payloads.
************************************************** ************************************************** *

I had a random flash warning pop up on one of my sites that doesn't use any flash. It went away after a few hours so I figured it was a user link or something.

This is actually an issue with Flash update for Internet Explorer from Microsoft. Uninstall the KB Article, and it goes away. They accidently released the "Debug" version instead of the normal version. The exact KB3087916. We're dealing with this at work a lot. Its technically 'working'. But I'd just kill the kB if I were you.

Top Bottom