1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Administrator Priveleges...How?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Kenneth Holland, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Kenneth Holland

Kenneth Holland Active Member

Good Morning,

How do I make a second user on my website a full administrator? I have one and it says that but I can't edit, view IP....etc.... like I can with my account (the original admin)?

Thanks!

Ken

2. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

Sorry, I recreated this post.

Basically, to assign advanced permissions to a user, use the "Administrators" and "Moderators" menu in the ACP to give the rights you so choose.

admin_maker.png

Jake Bunce and Kenneth Holland like this.
  3. Kenneth Holland

ENF,

I went to Administrators and gave all priveleges to the user, but I still cannot edit posts and titles, etc....

Am missing something? Do I have to make the User a 'Super Moderator' as well?

Ken

4. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

Yeah. Admins and moderators are completely separate. An administrator is not a moderator, and a moderator is not an administrator.

Kenneth Holland likes this.
  5. Kenneth Holland

That's what I thought. So am I able to make a user an Administrator with full priveleges?

6. Jeremy P

What do you mean? If you want an administrator that's also a moderator, you need to make them an administrator, and then additionally make them a moderator, yes.

Kenneth Holland likes this.
  7. Kenneth Holland

No. I have a second user and it says he's an administrator, but I cannot edit titles, posts, move threads, etc... with that user.

8. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Those are moderator permissions. Add the other user as a Super Moderator and you'll be all set.

9. Jeremy P

To accomplish that you must make the administrator also a moderator. Administrators can only do administration stuff (via the ACP). To edit titles, posts, move threads.. that's all moderator stuff. So you need to make them a moderator as well.

10. Kenneth Holland

That did the trick...thank you j :)

Jeremy P and jmurrayhead like this.
  11. Kenneth Holland

Finally realized that. Thanks! :)

Jeremy P likes this.