• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

admindav.php/WebDAV Throwing Apache Error

#1
I've spent the best part of today trying to get XenForo's feature of WebDAV integration working but with no success. To get right to the point these are the relevant access/error logs:

Error Logs (2 attempts)

[Fri Mar 11 07:50:31 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Could not fetch resource information. [400, #0]
[Fri Mar 11 07:50:31 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] The URL contains extraneous path components. The resource could not be identified. [400, #0]
[Fri Mar 11 07:50:33 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Could not fetch resource information. [400, #0]
[Fri Mar 11 07:50:33 2011] [error] [clientxx.xx.xx.xx] The URL contains extraneous path components. The resource could not be identified. [400, #0]

Access Logs Correlating

xx.xx.xx.xx - - [11/Mar/2011:07:50:31 +0000] "PROPFIND /xenforo/admindav.php/ HTTP/1.1" 400 226
xx.xx.xx.xx - - [11/Mar/2011:07:50:33 +0000] "PROPFIND /xenforo/admindav.php/ HTTP/1.1" 400 226
This is fairly strange as I know WebDAV is working, I setup a test directory and it worked fine:
Code:
<Directory "C:\Program Files\Zend\Apache2/htdocs/uploads">
    Dav On
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all
    AllowOverride All
    AuthType Digest
    AuthName DAV-upload
    AuthUserFile "C:\Program Files\Zend\Apache2/user.passwd"
    AuthDigestProvider file
    <LimitExcept OPTIONS>
    require user admin
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory>
I can connect and use this WebDAV instance without issue using a normal mapped network drive in windows or 3rd party applications like NetDrive.

Other Info:

- Windows Home Server
- Fresh install of Zend Server CE
- No .htaccess with authentification assigned to the XenForo installation
- Attempted the Zend Server CE "patch" that has worked for some within .htaccess/httpd.conf with no luck ( RewriteRule ^admindav.php - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},NC,L] )
- No log is being generated within ./xenforo/internal_data/

Here's my config for the root of my server incase it'll help:
Code:
<Directory "C:\Program Files\Zend\Apache2/htdocs">
 Dav On
 Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from all
 AllowOverride All

 <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  # If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
  # line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
  # of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
  RewriteBase /xenforo
  RewriteRule ^admindav.php - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},NC,L]
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
  RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
  RewriteRule ^(data|js|styles|install) - [NC,L]
  RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
 </IfModule>
</Directory>
I've done by best to search online for any kind of meaning to the related apache errors but nothing has worked, so I'm hoping someone has an idea as to where I'm going wrong (or what's going wrong). Let me know if you need any further information :)
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#2
I don't believe you need "Dav On" - as a matter of fact, that likely conflicts by firing up mod_dav instead. That would likely fit with it returning a 400 (bad request) error.
 
#3
Thanks Mike - That stopped the error but the http authentification just kept cycling which is a bit odd. As mentioned above I tried the rewrite rule to patch that issue but had no success, since this is a local install I changed $authValid to true within admindav.php and that has fixed the issue :)