1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest AdminCP - log login failures

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Shamil, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

In Kayako SupportSuite 4 "Fusion", the administrator panel is set up such that login failures are logged to the system. I personally think that this is useful and can be used to lock down things.

On a side note, can we change the filename of admin.php, and still retain its full functionality?

Actually, this could be extended to log other failures as well, such as system (software-XF) and PHP issues caused by the software. Might be useful in debugging.
    Rigel Kentaurus, Steve10 and Andrej like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

This is also a vBulletin feature. Wouldn't mind having it in XenForo as well.
  3. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Ok, I've never seen that in vBulletin.
  4. James

James Well-Known Member

Me either :eek:
  5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

It's under Error Handling & Logging. You can log failed AdminCP login attempts to a text file on the server.
  6. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Oh dear :/ - but can it store it in database and/or email the admin(s)?
  7. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

I would like to see a warning upon successful login (x number of failed logins since your last visit)... If it was you then you can just clear it but it wasn't you know to immediately look into it further.
  8. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

While we're at it, why not log the failed passwords the user used! [/sarcasm]
  9. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

Ceri May likes this.
  10. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

This is the current implementation in Kayako.
  11. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

this post irks me

although it may be that I haven't had enough coffee yet, so I'm a little tetchy...
  12. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

We had a discussion somewhere about this on some piece of software, I think MyBB. Someone trialled it on their site. Came up with pretty amusing results.
  13. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Same here though I didn't say anything,
  14. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

I know it's an old post... but... I'd like to see something like this. Perhaps even options for banning IPs automatically after X amount of incorrect tries along with any associated account(s) used by that IP address.
  15. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

Yeah this would be a good feature.