1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Admin Permissions: Manage users and moderators

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by limboclub, Mar 4, 2014.

1. limboclub

limboclub Member

The manual seems to sum up all of the Administrator permissions with:

"The various administrator permissions available to grant are generally self-explanatory in nature."

Yeah, nah.

Can anybody tell me exactly what permissions are granted with "Manage users and moderators"?

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It lets them, umm, manage (edit, delete, view, etc) users and moderators. I'm not sure what specific element you're wondering about?

3. limboclub

limboclub Member

A map of permissions to menu options would be great.

Right now I have one Super Mod who can see what I have allowed him to see PLUS

Tools Tab:
    -> File Health Check
    -> Test Facebook Integration

NFI where he got those permissions or even if they have permission settings attached.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You mean Administrator.
    Members must be promoted to Administrator in order to access the ACP.

Some options in the ACP aren't connected to permissions and are available to all administrators.

The quickest way to find out which permissions grant which options is to go through each one on a test installation.

5. limboclub

limboclub Member

Super Moderator in my list. Had to create it as we have about 100 mods so a few levels - spec mod/mod/super-mod/admin/super admin. Pretty hacky way to do it but the XF system is less flexible than others.
    Quickest way would be to have proper doco to read.

Longest way is test each option and write my own documentation. Which is what we'll have to do.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The member is an administrator.
    There is no concept of moderators accessing the ACP in XenForo.

Amaury likes this.