Fixed Admin navigation items with same display order

digitalpoint

Affected version
Super minor annoyance, but why does Connected account and Two-step verification have the same display order (300) on the admin navigation under Setup -> Service providers?

The result is them flipping spots randomly for each page view (it's not going to do that for every setup, just ones that you have multiple database servers).

Minor, but I assume that's not the intended way to use display order.

The more general case is that XF needs to ensure there is another criteria in the order-by clause than just the display order to ensure stable sorting when an identical display order is encountered.

It is actually a painfully easy mistake to make, I know I keep doing it myself in my own add-ons

Or maybe just a report under the Development section that shows you items with the same display order with the same parent. Either way, obviously not a huge deal... I only noticed it myself when I was trying to add a Messaging providers after Connected accounts. Oh I can't because no number exists that would add it before Two-step verification but after Connected accounts.

1594229679855.png

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 Beta 2).

Change log:
Adjust ordering of some admin nav items
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom