Implemented Admin/moderator/Owner avatars - need to stand out

rudedog

Suggestion: Board Admins/Moderators/owners should have some type of outline or background under their avatars to they stand out against the regular users.

It's hard to scroll through a thread and find out if anyone is a Admin/Moderator/Owner with only the small text under their avatar.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's possible to apply user name CSS on a per user group basis which would help that, but changing the outline of the avatar isn't a bad idea, though it may be quite subtle.

It's possible to apply user name CSS on a per user group basis which would help that, but changing the outline of the avatar isn't a bad idea, though it may be quite subtle.

Thanks for the reply Mike,
The reason behind this was (just finding out what you guys are doing, I signed up ASAP) I was scrolling through a thread and wanted to see if someone "official" replied before I dived in. I scrolled down but could not make out any differences from regular users to staff. Not everyone knows who is in charge, especialy when they are new.

Subtle is not a bad thing :cool:

Maybe a different bg colour for a staff member. So mike and kier's posts could have a tan or light blue pastel background - somewhat like some wordpress skins highlight comments by the admin - see ma.tt for an example of that

Related. I think members should have some kind of rank like a progress bar that changes when they reach "X" amount of posts. Or maybe pips or something similiar. A progress bar would look better though imo.

Related. I think members should have some kind of rank like a progress bar that changes when they reach "X" amount of posts. Or maybe pips or something similiar. A progress bar would look better though imo.

I could see a progress bar being helpful in determining just how far you are away from the next rank.

That seems better suited as a plug-in.

Depends on which way you think about it. Either you make a thread that lists ranks and their requirements, remembering to keep it updated any time you change them, or have posts from members asking "What do I do to get to the next rank?"

A list that updates the ranks automatically would do wonders in this area.

A contrasting color on the left of the postbit for team members, or thread starter, would be nice.
I see it on blogs and on popular sites, and I appreciate it knowing where staff or thread starter is posting within the conversation.

Suggestion: Board Admins/Moderators/owners should have some type of outline or background under their avatars to they stand out against the regular users.

It's hard to scroll through a thread and find out if anyone is a Admin/Moderator/Owner with only the small text under their avatar.

+1 :)

I think it would be nice to be able to set the color for a usergroup as well (With how we have a blue background for default users, be able to set it to green or orange for administrators/developers), so that people would be able to tell by looking at the background. I really never use usergroup images, and if I were to see it added, I'd rather have it added as a mod, as it really isn't as important as making staff/certain usergroups standout.

Have a way to change the background color of the avatar/username box thingy per user group. So say, regular users have the light two-tone blue background and Admins can have a different color background.

A contrasting color on the left of the postbit for team members, or thread starter, would be nice.
I see it on blogs and on popular sites, and I appreciate it knowing where staff or thread starter is posting within the conversation.

Agreed. It works greatly on blogs where the comments of the blogauthor also have a different colour. I suggested this to Freddie from vBulletin at the time and now it has it.

please make these things optional.
ive always made great pains to appear as a regular poster without all the admin distinction.

Have a way to change the background color of the avatar/username box thingy per user group. So say, regular users have the light two-tone blue background and Admins can have a different color background.

If you're referring to the little speech bubble of sorts that the avatar/username/user title are inside, that was my first thought, too. Example: normal members are the light blue we currently see, admins' are gold, etc. (And I'd imagine if this were the case that the colors could be changed/disabled depending on site preference.) :)

Top Bottom