XF 1.4 Admin logged out questions

AndreaMarucci

I've changed mi adsl some time ago and today suddenly I was logged out every 10 seconds by the admin section.

I've read this

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...denly-showing-cf-ips-again.33347/#post-380449

ad applied the code in config.php Jake suggested putting my actual IP instead of the previous one.

Question is why this happened suddenly now? What does that mean? I'm logging into admin from office and from home and I've two different IP's. Putting the actual office IP in that string what doesn't mean? That now I cannot log into admin from home since I've another IP?

Sorry for the questions but it's just to understand...

What do you mean "putting [your] actual IP" in? The change there is if the IP being reported by XF isn't correct; you can confirm this by looking at the currently online users or your IP on a post since this started happening.

If that's incorrect, then a change similar to that one can be done. If it's showing the correct IP, is your IP changing constantly? If so, that will be a problem and there's isn't really a workaround per se.

When I've had the problem I've checked

admin.php?tools/phpinfo

and in _SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] there was the IP of my previous ADSL 217.135.xx.xx (it was a fixed one) so I've followed the instructions in that thread and put

$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $_SERVER['IP_OF_MY_ACTUAL_ADSL'];

in config.php

From that time the problem disappeared and I wasn't logged out constantly so I've thought that the two things are related.

Now I've checked admin.php?tools/phpinfo and in _SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] there is "no value".

I've switched from one ADSL to the other from a month now but the problem suddenly appeared yesterday and I've administered my board from different IP without having any issue. Just wondering if what I've put in config.php it's useful or not and if this can give me problems if I'll try to admin my board from another location with another IP address...

The line you've added to config.php doesn't really make sense and it's not what the instructions are telling you to add -- it's telling you to reference the variable that holds your real IP. You've just blanked out any IP logging which is very much unexpected.

So it is possible your change is interfering.

I've sorted out the problem. I've a firewall and I've aggregated two different ADSL with two different IP so this probably has some consequences on the authentication process in the admin. I've set a rule in the firewall so that if I go on our web server, I exit with one IP and not with the lines aggregated...

Top Bottom