XF 1.1 Admin CP Visual Error


Well-known member
All was fine until an hour back. The CSS/Style no more loads for the Admin CP

I did the changes earlier today as suggested by @Mike here - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/litespeed-sends-text-html-with-css-304-responses.54185/ due to my users on Chrome complaining about css errors on the front end.

Should I roll that back and check if the problem continuous in the acp? Oh I'll give that a try. Any other way to find out what's wrong?

Edit: Nope, that change doesn't seem to be the problem. So how do I figure this out?
Last edited:


Well-known member
I've tried clearing cache, hard refresh, everything I could do. Nothing seems to fix it, from dev tools on firefox/chrome the css file shows 0 rules.

I performed a file health check
  1. install/data/templates.xml File does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/XenForo/CssOutput.php File does not contain expected contents.
    library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php File does not contain expected contents.

That is what comes up, CssOutput and Avatar.php have been edited, but I never touched install/data/templates.xml. Should I reupload that file?


Well-known member
I have scheduled a maintenance and informed my users for tomorrow, I'll disable all listeners and see if it fixes the problem.

Is there anyway to debug or find more information on why this is occurring? All was fine until a few hours ago, and it suddenly just became as such. It's not that it happens ONLY on a few instances, the css just doesn't load for the Admin CP.


Well-known member
I have sorted the issue. For anyone who faces this problem with XenForo 1.1.x my solution may help.

I had followed Mike's advice on this thread to fix an issue that affected Chrome on Litespeed servers. My members had reported often that Chrome barfed up the page without any styling.

However the Admin CP did not like the change. And it began loading with no CSS (as mentioned in the first thread). Removing the edit made from Mike's post and replacing it back with the old text did not help, I had to reupload the CSSOutput file from the original xenForo 1.1.3 upgrade package.

After that, the ACP was back with styling.

I have no idea what went wrong, the issue that my members faced of Chrome barfing up was fixed on the front end, but the Admin CP was loading without css and was unusable.