Lack of interest Admin area quicklinks

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Shanj

I did mention this on the "what would make you transfer" thread so sorry if it';s improper to duplicate here. But it's an important suggestion.

VB has a very messy admin interface with LOADS of stuff I don't use. The result is I'm continually hunting for what I DO use. Also the frontpage of the admin interface is hogged for all kinds of VB stuff that THEY^ dump on me - waste of space.

I want a feature so that when I open a section like User search or Usergroups Manager or Forum list display or a Permissions area - I can click a button for a link to it to appear in a menubox at top of admin front page.
Option for my own label.
Also I want to reorder the list - by dragging its items or numbering them myself.

Would save me lots of time and frustration.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like the option to be able to click an icon and the link appears in a quick links menu... helps me organise MY OWN quick links and not the quick links people presume we're going to use.

I did mention this on the "what would make you transfer" thread so sorry if it';s improper to duplicate here. But it's an important suggestion.

VB has a very messy admin interface with LOADS of stuff I don't use. The result is I'm continually hunting for what I DO use. Also the frontpage of the admin interface is hogged for all kinds of VB stuff that THEY^ dump on me - waste of space.

I want a feature so that when I open a section like User search or Usergroups Manager or Forum list display or a Permissions area - I can click a button for a link to it to appear in a menubox at top of admin front page.
Option for my own label.
Also I want to reorder the list - by dragging its items or numbering them myself.

Would save me lots of time and frustration.

I know where you are coming from, and I would totally agree with you if I would continue to use the !@#$%^& vBulletin product. Take a look at this video if you didn't already see it: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/cleaning-up-spam.2297/

It will show you instances of the AdminCP, so you get an impression how it looks like. You might not even need your suggestion anymore...

Grover thanks. Yes the glimpses of the admin area did look cleaner and yes these guys do do clean design.
But I'm thinking that there are still going to be an awful lot of admin pages, sections, navigation paths. So I'd like for my suggestion to stay live.

I generally find on any script/ system/ software that once I've disabled all the options I don't want, the ones I use frequently aren't a long list and I want THOSE options instantly available to me at a glance.

Incidentally I do NOT want this chosen for me on a purely frequent use basis. I want to stay in control of my own quick access menu. There's about half the pathways I use that are much less frequent but still I want them right there when I need them.

Grover thanks. Yes the glimpses of the admin area did look cleaner and yes these guys do do clean design.
But I'm thinking that there are still going to be an awful lot of admin pages, sections, navigation paths. So I'd like for my suggestion to stay live.

I generally find on any script/ system/ software that once I've disabled all the options I don't want, the ones I use frequently aren't a long list and I want THOSE options instantly available to me at a glance.

Incidentally I do NOT want this chosen for me on a purely frequent use basis. I want to stay in control of my own quick access menu. There's about half the pathways I use that are much less frequent but still I want them right there when I need them.
I used a mod to do this for vB3; I'd love if there were a method for XF.

I used a mod to do this for vB3; I'd love if there were a method for XF.

Yes I also used mods for this but the ones I knew are not this flexible. They pre-set which items are likely to be frequent use.Also I had to click the mod's button to open it off the menu - it wasn't a top level display.
I want to select the ones I find useful for myself.
Also I want to label them if I like (but keep the default label accessible to interpret Help instructions.)
Also I want my links right there at the top not hidden in a menu item. Finally I want them expanded into a list that I sort precisely into my own ordering, not just A-Z, or frequency of use, or whatever else the script can detect.

So I'd like for my suggestion to stay live.
I think your suggestion is actually great. By the looks of it I won't need it myself on XenForo's ACP, but obviously your idea makes it even more admin friendly (especially when the ACP will become loaded with more and more options if XenForo grows into a full fledged content publishing/management product (CMS, Blogs, Media Gallery and non-invented future market needs...)

Top Bottom