[AddonFlare] XF2 Awards System [Deleted]

@AddonFlare can you explain the difference between Visible, Step-By-Step, and Hidden category options?
This controls how the awards for a category that the user doesn’t have yet are displayed in their profile.

Let’s assume a category has: “Award 1”, “Award 2”, and “Award 3” in that display order and the user has already received “Award 1”.

Visible:
  • “Award 1” will show as unlocked
  • “Award 2” and “Award 3” will show in a locked way, where the images appear faint.

Step by Step:
  • “Award 2” will show as locked since it’s the next next award in order after the last award they’ve received.
  • “Award 3” is not shown

Hidden:
  • “Award 2” and “Award 3” are not shown

I think the goal of this add-on is to provide a way to display badges/awards. For user group promotions you can use this add-on to extend the criteria, set it up to promote users to groups based on trophies they've earned, and also link the award (within this add-on's settings) to the same trophy as the promotion.
Exactly, the initial idea behind the levels system was to let users level up by earning awards, each award giving the user X points. We never shut down the idea of adding “levels” as user criteria for user promotions. As a matter of fact we added it to our list of features for a future update.

AA1E8E34-AF20-4BD7-A306-1F8C1531232C.webp

@Xyphien there’s no reason to trash the add-on with a 1-star review for a feature we never claimed to have yet. This is what updates are for and why we’re always taking feedback on what to improve. We’re happy to add features, but there’s a way to go about requesting it. The hostility is unnecessary.

@AddonFlare

Thanks for the reply. If a member has multiple awards in a category, how does the software determine which award is displayed under that category on the member profile page? Is there a way for the member to change this to their preference? For example, this member has five awards in the Service Badges category. Why is Navy displayed?

1579801085702.webp

1579801098768.webp

In the above screenshot Coast Guard is at the top of the list. Is this because it was the most recently awarded award?

@AddonFlare

Looks like there's an issue with how the 'next badge' is displayed when step by step is selected. There's also nothing to indicate that's the next award.

1579803100018.webp

@Xyphien there’s no reason to trash the add-on with a 1-star review for a feature we never claimed to have yet. This is what updates are for and why we’re always taking feedback on what to improve. We’re happy to add features, but there’s a way to go about requesting it. The hostility is unnecessary.
I'm not being hostile, I'm just voicing my opinion on it. The good thing about having a community forums is to voice your opinions, concerns, etc. I feel like it's a waste of money, and if I can save someone else from assuming what I assumed as well, then that's more money in their pocket :) So it's more of me trying to look out for others.

how does the software determine which award is displayed under that category on the member profile page?
It features the most recent award the user has received (for the category).

Is there a way for the member to change this to their preference?
Not currently, we may add an option for this in the future.

Looks like there's an issue with how the 'next badge' is displayed when step by step is selected.
It's designed this way, to hide the image but still show the title and points for the next award.

Am I stupid for buying the 3 month purchase? It seems like this add-on doesn't get updated more than once in that period of time. So basically I'm paying for each update.

It features the most recent award the user has received (for the category).
It would be logical to use weighting so that the award with the most weight will be displayed.
It's designed this way, to hide the image but still show the title and points for the next award.
Please change this so that the image is displayed. Please also add a text 'Next" so that its clear to the user.

Still have an issue where trophies are handed out and some get given and some don’t. ie the site hands out roughly 300 trophies each month (gaming forum) and maybe 60% get automatically handed out. I get that they’re in a queue to be handed out and sometimes they get handed out the next day or the day after when users login but there’s always some that we need to hand out again manually. Is that because there’s a lot of trophies being handed out or? And sorry but I do agree with some users that a 3 month purchase doesn’t do much for users as by the time an update comes out for what we’ve requested, we have to pay all over again. Again, just my opinion.

@AddonFlare Please do you have any update for this issue?
Please open a support ticket on our site, this is an individual issue.

Is that because there’s a lot of trophies being handed out or?
Please open a support ticket on our site, we'll have to take a closer look at your setup and what's going on.

Am I stupid for buying the 3 month purchase?
And sorry but I do agree with some users that a 3 month purchase doesn’t do much for users as by the time an update comes out for what we’ve requested, we have to pay all over again.

The 3-Month license is there for customers who are not yet ready to commit for the lifetime license and may want to test it out first at a lower price. If you plan to continue using the add-on long term or don't see yourself uninstalling it anytime soon, then a 12-month or lifetime license will save you money in the long run, and you won't have to worry about renewals.

Where can I get images for this or is it a make them yourself gig?
You use your own, there's a few medal/award packs you can download. The one we used in the screenshots is from here: https://www.flaticon.com/packs/medals-and-rewards

How does this work then?
How do users gain awards or points or am I missing summit?
Users can request awards or they can auto received them based on trophy criteria. (by linking awards to trophies)

How do users gain awards or points or am I missing summit?
Every award has a "points" setting, users will gain that amount of points when they get the award. As they get more awards, they'll level up.
This is what the settings for the levels system looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 4.23.39 PM.webp

Is there any way to remove an award automatically? I have trophies setup based on a user field criteria. Works fine but when the user unchecks the field the award remains.

On another note the management screen in ACP is pretty terrible, the search only searches the current page which is great if you don't have 300+ pages of awards making locating a specific award a major headache.

@AddonFlare nice add-on, thanks!

Any chance you can improve the mass-award feature? It would be awesome (for me :D) to be able to mass awards users that participated in specific topics, avoiding - of course, double awards in an user participated in the selected topics more than once.

Last edited:
Top Bottom