XF 2.2 Addon Uninstall

Braaaig

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of overwriting the files without uninstalling the resource. The resource has been switched between different maintainers and unfortunately the original maintainer before I updated it didn't have the files. In the addons list I see Version mismatch error and now when I try to uninstall it, it says This add-on cannot be uninstalled. This is likely because required files are missing..

My question is, there anyway I can uninstall the addon without the files and update because I don't think the other maintainer has it.

A clean uninstall without all files might be impossible.

Check hashes.json - does it contain an entry for Setup.php?

If not: Rename hashes.json to hashes.json.old and try to uninstall.

Yes, it does but as I stated it's overwritten the hashes folder and the author of the resource isn't replying. Is there anyway to forcefully remove it? Tried renaming it to old and still cannot uninstall...

Which add-on is it.

It would be quite simple to fudge the current version to make the files appear as if they are the version which is installed so it can then be uninstalled.

The current developer should be able to assist with that.

That doesn't seem to work, I deleted the hashes.json and still says that error. The one that the addon says is;
Code:
[Ozzmodz] Email Check 2.0.1
which is this addon, but I don't see it listed on the updates? https://xenforo.com/community/threads/j-email-check.135949/post-1468604

This would be why:

Ozzy took over the addon and the original Developer, JustinHawk took it back about a day later.

Yeah, is there anyway to uninstall the addon? Considering the version isn't available?

This is probably what I would try, but I'd highly recommend backing up your board entirely in case something goes wrong, as it's been suggested, you should contact the add-on developer.

But this is should be simple & worth a shot:

Locate: src\addons\Justin\EmailCheck\addon.json

Open with Notepad or Notepad++

Change:
Code:
    "version_id": 1020400,
    "version_string": "1.2.4",

To:
Code:
    "version_id": 1010000,
    "version_string": "1.1.0",

Now try to uninstall this.

If that doesn't work, you can also try changing the above code to:
Code:
    "version_id": 2020400,
    "version_string": "2.2.4",

Of course I'm doing this with the latest 1.2.4 version. Save this, and upload all addon files over.

So it thinks it's an upgrade, run the upgrade, then uninstall.

Top Bottom