Addon to alert a fellow user to a post?

BIG LLC

Is there an addon that simply lets one user alert another user to an existing post or thread?

At the moment the options seem to be to start a conversation or reply with an @ to the other user.

You can Share with other platforms, or copy the URL in the Share this post feature.

A simple Share With User option would be very helpful I think.

^
Yes to the above, but
or reply with an @ to the other user.
if you are looking for a way to share it without an @, you could share your bookmark with them with this add-on:

I've got two paid add-ons which kinda help with this;

Thread starter alert adds;
  • Add "Followed user" alerts support for Watched Forums
    • Per-forum user opt-in
    • Send an alert/email when a user who is followed posts a new thread
Then with watched thread filtering, you can set the default per-user-per-forum watch state, which can be "New threads by followed members" rather than just "New threads".

This add-on allows mentions by groups, but also alerting users by email when quoted or mentioned

Last edited:
^
Yes to the above, but

if you are looking for a way to share it without an @, you could share your bookmark with them with this add-on:
That's a convoluted method.

I am talking about a simple "Share with User" option.

One or two taps.

The copy link button is under your example. Click that, and then click their name to send it to them or post it on their profile page.

The copy link button is under your example. Click that, and then click their name to send it to them or post it on their profile page.
Yes, that's one way to do it. But that is a longer route with more hurdles to sharing and returning to the thread.

A mobile friendly, low friction way would be a readily available, simple Share With User option right within the page.

Top Bottom