Lack of interest Addon Moderators

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Alpha1

If you want to make a user a moderator then you have to make the user a moderator of either all forums or at least one forum. Its not possible to make a user moderator of addon content. For example resources or media.

This is impractical. I have sites that do not even use forums. And I have sites where I don't want to make the users forum moderators, but only addon moderators.

please consider to add functionality for this.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You could make an user group with moderator banner and only set up permissions to moderate the media gallery or resources?

Correct, but it is the same thing. I have a user group that is called moderators that only have specific permission that differ from the normal moderators. Normal moderators are called super moderators on our forum so you can see the difference.

So the easy way is to make a media gallery moderator group for example and give them those rights.

It's worth noting that there isn't really anything technically preventing this. In terms of the official add-ons, I don't think there has been much demand for the ability to moderate specific categories only.

It's worth noting that you can already do that through the permissions system directly, though you won't have the corresponding moderator record (so very similar though not identical).

They'll have the permissions specified which is the majority of what making someone a moderator does, but they wouldn't be listed in the ACP as moderators for that content and they wouldn't get the is_moderator flag (if they aren't moderators elsewhere) which opens up access to things like reports.

I see. I think this is one of those things that people do not notice. It flies under the radar. I was wondering why some moderators were not posting to reports. They are not missing anything because they dont know its there.

Top Bottom