Fixed Addon install/upgrade from archive does not give meaningful errors on requriements failure

Sim

Affected version
When using the archive installer to install or upgrade an addon, but there are requirement failures - the message returned to the admin does not include full details of the error like you see when installing/upgrading using the main UI after a manual addon deployment.

I was testing checkRequirements functionality of addon setup files, so I created a simple addon that contained nothing more than an addon.json and a Setup.php with my checkRequirements function which sets an error string. The add-on batch result page informs us of an error, but does not provide any details:

1592014639895.webp

If you then click the install or upgrade button in the UI to try again, you get the full error information:

1592014713252.webp

You also get the full error details as expected if you manually deploy the addon and use the "installable"/"upgradable" addons UI to install or upgrade the addon, so this issue specifically relates to the archive installer.

Suggested fix: please make the "Install/upgrade from archive" function report the full error text from the addon during install and upgrade failures.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 Beta 3).

Change log:
Attempt to add a little more detail when a batched add-on fails requirement checks.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom