1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon for forum_list template

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Richey, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Richey

Richey Member

Hey guys,

I already created an addon for a custom page.
    For this addon I stored my php files under /library/Pages/addon.php (php class stuff) and /library/Pages/addonCode.php (the main php code). I call this addon by using {raw:addonblabla} .... there are no problems, it works perfect.

Now I would like to create a "last activity addon" that I can include above the forum in the forum_list template. But it doesn't work. When I call my new addon in the named template, nothing happens. Do I have to store the php files in another directory or what's the problem?

2. Arik

Arik Well-Known Member

It's not directory specific, so as long as your class names are set up correctly, that shouldn't be a problem.

Post your code, there's likely a problem in there somewhere.

Umit likes this.
  3. Richey

Richey Member

Okay,

let's start from the beginning.

I created a file called newActivity.php in /library/XenForo/Pages/
    That's the code of the file:
    PHP:
    <?php
    class newActivity
    {
        public static function 
    includeFile(XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract  $controllerXenForo_ControllerResponse_Abstract &$response)
        {

ob_start();
            include(
    'newActivityCode.php');

$newActivity ob_get_contents();

ob_end_clean();

$params = array(

'newActivity'  => $newActivity

);

$response->params array_merge(

$response->params,

$params

);
        }
    }
    Now I created a new Addon called New Activity and a Code Event Listener with the following configuration.
    - Listen to Event: template_hook
    - Execute Callback: newActivity::includeFile
    - Addon: New Activity

Now I get the following error: "Please enter a valid callback method."
    What's going on?

4. Richey

Richey Member

Okay, new problem :)

Instead of using the library/XenForo/Pages directory I created a directory called library/newActivity and I renamed the main file to Listener. Now I can create my event Listener without problems (newActivity_Listener::includeFile).

But now when I visit my forum there's a LONG list of errors where I execute the newActivity-Hook. Here's the first one (I don't want to list them all):

Code:
    Template Errors: forum_list
      1. Argument 1 passed to newActivity_Listener::includeFile() must be an instance of XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract, string given in /blablabla...../library/newActivity/Listener.php, line 4:

3: $__extraData['h1'] .= htmlspecialchars($xenOptions['boardTitle']);
          4: $__output .= '
          5:

5. Richey

Richey Member

Ok, I finally was successfull .... after watching Kiers tutorial on how to create a hook/addon
    Now my visitors can see the newest posts on my forums home: http://www.vfxboard.de
    It's not final but it should be okay for now :)

Arik likes this.