1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AddOn for Ad-Management?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by vFranky, Jan 14, 2016.

1. vFranky

vFranky Active Member

Hello,

what is your recommendation for ad-management? I do not need enhanced functionality, only a tool which handles the positioning of the banners without editing the style every time.

Depends the ad-management on the used style? I am using UI.X an XenForo 1.54.

Kind regards,
    Frank

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Just use the built-in ad templates. You can see the positions of these here:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/visual-list-of-ad-locations.1383/

The style doesn't need editing every time. Once you have added these, they shouldn't change (providing of course you have followed the correct approach with your UI.X style and not edited the parent style but created a child style and made changes to that).

Neutral Singh and vFranky like this.
  3. vFranky

vFranky Active Member

Thank you very much!

I have had a configuration in vBulletin 3.8x with fixed ad banners in threads for example below each 1st posting, below the 4th posting and more. Is it possible to do this in XenForo? I think I will have to find the exact place in the style and a conditional code like "if posting number in thread is 1, then ...". How do you do this?

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Jeremy P and vFranky like this.
  5. vFranky

vFranky Active Member

Thank you very much!

6. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

7. flowerpot132

flowerpot132 Formerly mugtree

This is very helpful, thanks.

I am going to get some banners designed? Do you have the dimensions for the banners too please?

8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Bonsai Coder and flowerpot132 like this.