(Addon Dev ?) My noob thread.

EQnoble

So I am making my lil ole addon...and I have a couple questions.

When creating a new template I have the option to select an addon. Assuming I am creating the template for the addon I am making I assume to select my addon name from the drop-down list.

What exactly will associating this template with an addon do?

Wait a sec...I don't have to write the install code to give an addon to someone? Just export and give it to them?

The install code is only if you're working with databases.

OHHHH MYYYYYYY GOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHD...I have been working my self up for nothing....I think I am almost done with this if that is the case. I really love this software.

OHHHH MYYYYYYY GOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHD...I have been working my self up for nothing....I think I am almost done with this if that is the case. I really love this software.
lol
i had the same problem some years ago with vBulletin:)

My first add-on xml files were selfmade^^

You probably are, but make sure you're adding templates to the master style and assign to your add-on, not to any child styles (like the default style).

You probably are, but make sure you're adding templates to the master style and assign to your add-on, not to any child styles (like the default style).
Yup that's what I am doing..I actually like how when you have debug enabled it seems to favor/default to having edits done in the Master Style when editing templates.

Top Bottom