• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

(Addon Dev ?) My noob thread.

EQnoble

So I am making my lil ole addon...and I have a couple questions.

When creating a new template I have the option to select an addon. Assuming I am creating the template for the addon I am making I assume to select my addon name from the drop-down list.

What exactly will associating this template with an addon do?

EQnoble

Wait a sec...I don't have to write the install code to give an addon to someone? Just export and give it to them?

R

ragtek

OHHHH MYYYYYYY GOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHD...I have been working my self up for nothing....I think I am almost done with this if that is the case. I really love this software.
lol
i had the same problem some years ago with vBulletin:)

My first add-on xml files were selfmade^^

Onimua

You probably are, but make sure you're adding templates to the master style and assign to your add-on, not to any child styles (like the default style).

EQnoble

You probably are, but make sure you're adding templates to the master style and assign to your add-on, not to any child styles (like the default style).
Yup that's what I am doing..I actually like how when you have debug enabled it seems to favor/default to having edits done in the Master Style when editing templates.