Additional Poll Types (e.g. Score, Rank, etc)

RobParker

It would be very useful for multiple applications if we had different types of polls.

At the minute, polls are limited to single or multiple votes where 1 vote = 1 point.

Other options would be:

Scoring - Users give each poll option a numerical score (e.g. 4 out of 10). The poll result would be the average of scores. This'd be very helpful in rating systems where you're comparing different things.

Ranking - Rank your options in preference from first to last. The poll result would be a summary of which options were ranked e.g. 1st, 2nd.

It seems like this would open up a lot of other ways to use polls with a lot of possibilties for building things like rating systems around them.

p.s. If anyone has any suggestions for addons that do similar already, please point me in the right direction.

Last edited:
Upvote 21
If an answer gets a score, I’d prefer to be able to the individual answers per voter not just an average.

I voted for this because I’m all in favour of any poll improvements.

If an answer gets a score, I’d prefer to be able to the individual answers per voter not just an average.

I voted for this because I’m all in favour of any poll improvements.

How I'd ike to use it is as a player ratings for football matches (see image). X scored a 6 out of 10 in that game, Y score 9 out of 10 so was man of the match, etc. I think summarising the score as an average but then being able to open an overlay to see how each voter scored the options would be ideal.

Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 14.48.48.png

The same principle woukld work for say rating movies, tv shows, books, etc. You'd see what the highest scored items were (giving us something like the IMDB Top 100 table below) but then could see what a voter had scored everything individually as well.

Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 14.50.03.png

Polls have a lot of potential to encourage more user engagement if some more options were possible.

I think summarising the score as an average but then being able to open an overlay to see how each voter scored the options would be ideal.
I'm all in favour of options - I can see advantages of both. e.g. if a product gets a * rating, you know there are some *** and some *, and it'sd informative to see both.

Would be great for charts with X votes per day/week/month etc to keep members coming back to vote. Like the idea of a number, or even star rating :)

Top Bottom