Lack of interest Additional GET Parameters for Conversations / URL to add multiple participants and title

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I just tried a few methods myself and it didn't work. Then I looked in the code and found that it only handles an individual username via the URL. You can't specify multiple names.

If you are curious about the code:

library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php
> actionAdd()

You would have to modify this code to accept multiple usernames.

ATM we're able to use this link: conversations/add/to=foo to get to the create conversation form where the first participant is automatic inserted.

My suggestions are:
  • Make it possible to have more preselected participants (to=ragtek,baz,foo)
  • Add also a way to add the title as get parameter for example: /to=ragtek,baz,foo&title=start
Edit: it seems that suggestion1 was suggested: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/conversations-url-adding-multiple-participants.14331/

ok somebody was faster with his suggestion for suggestion 1 :D

But i couldn't find Suggestion 2.

It would be enought to add pls a value variable to the the conversation_add template, so we're able to add values there, everything else can then be done via plugins^^

Code:
<dl class="ctrlUnit">
<dt><label for="ctrl_title">{xen:phrase title}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="text" name="title" class="textCtrl" data-liveTitleTemplate="{xen:phrase start_new_conversation}: <em>%s</em>" id="ctrl_title" maxlength="100" /></dd>
</dl>
Code:
<dl class="ctrlUnit">
<dt><label for="ctrl_title">{xen:phrase title}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="text" name="title" value="{$conversationTitle}" class="textCtrl" data-liveTitleTemplate="{xen:phrase start_new_conversation}: <em>%s</em>" id="ctrl_title" maxlength="100" /></dd>
</dl>

It would be cool if we could predefine Participants, Title & Message forms within a link.

Got the inspiration from the mailto attribute.

So with html you can use:

Code:
<a href="mailto:homer@example.com?subject=Doh!">Email Homer</a>

For PMs/PCs I think an ability to preset a title (subject) would be cool for the resource manager, etc.

Anyone else?

Top Bottom