1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Additional GET Parameters for Conversations / URL to add multiple participants and title

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by James, Mar 29, 2011.

1. James

James Well-Known Member

How do I go about adding multiple participants to a conversation via the URL?
    This URL (http://xenforo.com/community/conversations/add?to=james) will start a conversation with me - but I cannot figure out how to add two participants. I tried comma-separated, semi-colon separated, multiple to=username.

EDIT: I'd like to suggest to be able to add multiple participants via the URL.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I just tried a few methods myself and it didn't work. Then I looked in the code and found that it only handles an individual username via the URL. You can't specify multiple names.

If you are curious about the code:

library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php
    > actionAdd()

You would have to modify this code to accept multiple usernames.

3. James

James Well-Known Member

Thanks Jake, I'll get the thread moved to suggestions.

4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

ATM we're able to use this link: conversations/add/to=foo to get to the create conversation form where the first participant is automatic inserted.

My suggestions are:
    • Make it possible to have more preselected participants (to=ragtek,baz,foo)
    • Add also a way to add the title as get parameter for example: /to=ragtek,baz,foo&title=start
    Edit: it seems that suggestion1 was suggested: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/conversations-url-adding-multiple-participants.14331/

Mutt, Floris and Lu Kas like this.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

ok somebody was faster with his suggestion for suggestion 1 :D

But i couldn't find Suggestion 2.

7. Lu Kas

Lu Kas Active Member

i really need the 2nd option :)

8. ragtek

ragtek Guest

It would be enought to add pls a value variable to the the conversation_add template, so we're able to add values there, everything else can then be done via plugins^^

Code:
    <dl class="ctrlUnit">
    <dt><label for="ctrl_title">{xen:phrase title}:</label></dt>
    <dd><input type="text" name="title" class="textCtrl" data-liveTitleTemplate="{xen:phrase start_new_conversation}: <em>%s</em>" id="ctrl_title" maxlength="100" /></dd>
    </dl>
    Code:
    <dl class="ctrlUnit">
    <dt><label for="ctrl_title">{xen:phrase title}:</label></dt>
    <dd><input type="text" name="title" value="{$conversationTitle}" class="textCtrl" data-liveTitleTemplate="{xen:phrase start_new_conversation}: <em>%s</em>" id="ctrl_title" maxlength="100" /></dd>
    </dl>

9. alexD

alexD Active Member

It would be cool if we could predefine Participants, Title & Message forms within a link.

Got the inspiration from the mailto attribute.

10. abbychase

abbychase Active Member

So with html you can use:

Code:
    <a href="mailto:homer@example.com?subject=Doh!">Email Homer</a>
    For PMs/PCs I think an ability to preset a title (subject) would be cool for the resource manager, etc.

Anyone else?

James and tyteen4a03 like this.
  11. Syndol

Syndol Guest

If you can't wait, there is an add-on that does this.

12. abbychase

abbychase Active Member

Really? Link? :)

13. Syndol

Syndol Guest