1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Social Icons To User Banner / Member Card 0.1

userbanner membercard social icon links

1. Dan Hawkins

Dan Hawkins Active Member

Dan Hawkins submitted a new resource:

Adding Social Icons To User Banner / Member Card - userbanner membercard social icon links

Read more about this resource...
    QenTox likes this.
  2. Viserys

Viserys Member

Looks nice, I will give this a try. Shouldn't you make the download a folder of the required images though? I can understand if this is just html/css edits, but wouldn't people be using the bandwidth from your server if they just implemented the code as is? It's better all around to place the images on your own server anyhow.
  3. Dan Hawkins

To be honset, I never considered that - good suggestion.... Let me add the icons for you all to use ;)

Thanks @Viserys
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  4. Dan Hawkins

5. Dan Hawkins

6. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

This is great @Dan Hawkins. Can you please reupload the images? Now are broken...
  7. Dan Hawkins

Sorry @Markos, only just saw this - No idea why they've gone!

Yeah I'll reupload them shortly
  8. Dan Hawkins

Okay @Markos - all updated, weird thing is they existed when viewing the URL in a browser :S

Anyway, reuploaded :)
    Markos likes this.
  9. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

Hi Dan, thanks for this. I've done it I guess exactly as described, but have this problem:

Now I have both custom fields twice. Once with images as it should be and below that the same custom user field with text. Any idea why? Thanks :)
  10. Dan Hawkins

Untick this option, as you are referencing them without it:

Located under Appearance > Styles > *STYLENAME* > Style Property Groups > Message Element
    Or search in the admin cp searchbox:

FAILING that > Untick the option under the custom field it'self (if you are using the custom fields to appear for other custom fields)

QenTox likes this.
  11. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

OK, sorted, thanks a lot :)

Last question I guess >

Any idea how to move those two user custom fields higher? Too much unused space for my liking there :/
  12. Dan Hawkins

What's your URL - I'll take a look at the code

Do you have any un-needed <br>'s in the code? (maybe from the code in my original post)
  13. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

14. Dan Hawkins

Remove the top <br> from the socialmemcard div - all should be good :)
    QenTox likes this.
  15. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

Cool, al sorted, thanks for all your help and for this awesome resource Dan! :)
    Dan Hawkins likes this.
  16. Dan Hawkins

Pleasure @QenTox - All the best, thanks for liking the resource and your kind words.
  17. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

This is really nice. Works well. One issue might be a XF issue. I entered FB and Twitter. I received back nothing. I noticed that the custom fields for FB and Twitter have already been created but it seems that they also are a callback -- so I guess unless there is a verification done, these user fields are not going to work. Not sure how to correlate this with an FB or Twitter login or whether there is an alternative.

Regardless, many thanks for your generosity in sharing how you accomplished this.
    Dan Hawkins likes this.
  18. Dan Hawkins

You could just remove the call back queries (get a backup) and use those, I use facebook - still have the call back queries too and it works fine for me :)
  19. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

Dan - thanks for the response. I am wondering whether turning off the verification for Facebook and Twitter may affect other things (like login and join with FB and Twitter.) So I turned them off anyway. :)

I solved the issue - bug in the code. There are capitals to begin Facebook and Twitter. Make them lower case and everything works perfectly. ;) I still had to uncheck the verification for FB and use the full URL there with only user name for Twitter. But it works. Grand! :)
  20. rumpon.com

rumpon.com New Member

Very nice Add-on,

BTW How do you make the appearance of the forum just like blog with featuring threads and "read more" things ?