Adding shop functionality to xenforo

ak38

Hi guys,

I was wondering how best to achieve shop functionality on xenforo.

An example site would be thcfarmer.com, we're looking for something like this ideally.

Any pointers would be helpful. We've tried rm marketplace but it's quite limited in its functionality.

Anything even an auction would be useful ?

I've searched and searched and all of the shops seem to be for user upgrades etc

Heh thats a highly modified resources manager, but I love it!

Is this an addon someone has put together and released?

I am working on an eCommerce mod for XF2 (not tied to the Resource Manager). I am nearly done with the digital download portion of the mod, the physical item portion is still a ways off as I have no experience with selling physical items so a lot of research will be needed.

I'll be posting a walkthrough video of the digital download portion in the resource discussion forum once it's all ready :)

Fillip

@MoonShadows Thanks for the link, I'm looking at doing something for my site too. Can I ask, where did you paste the widget code? I'm a bit of newbie at this and a bit unsure. Thanks!

@Spleen I created the page for my store and pasted the Ecwid widget code right into the html of the page I created. I believe I only used the widget for the products. They offer 3 or 4 widgets. It was nice to have the store right on the forum, but I have sinced moved from Ecwid to BigCommerce for this store. While I can not longer use the widget (now it's a link on that forum page), BigCommerce is a much richer featured ecommerce program. I have been using it for over 2 years for my main business, and I really like it.

@MoonShadows Thanks, interesting stuff. My site is only a small one for BMW enthusiasts and I wanted to sell some promotional stuff like mugs, baseball caps and so on. Nothing huge really. Will ecwid fit the bill do you think?

Nice and simple and FREE!
glad it was useful ;)
Hmm, have to be honest I'm not even sure where to start with the simplecartjs.
SimplecartJS requires a minimum knowledge of html, I am not a coder too, but I was able to setup an XF page and insert my items. And the best part was setting different shippings for items, you can do a lot of things. Probably the best way is to start with the documentation and also with the example posted below
http://simplecartjs.org/documentation
https://embed.plnkr.co/plunk/HkXlge

I think you overestimate my skill level, I don't even know how to setup an XF page and insert it! o_O

Top Bottom