Resource icon

Adding search tab

Dion Sune Jensen

Dion Sune Jensen submitted a new resource:

Adding search tab (version 1.0) - tab, search, navigation

This modification sprung from me needing to my the usual quicksearch box into a tab of it's own, so that it would be part of the main naviation and not take up extra space, especially if you don'y use the tablinks shown below tabs in your style. You can read the original thread where I talked about it here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/moving-search-field-into-tab.45914/

Anyway, without further ado here is how I made it work.

Template Edits:

Read more about this resource...

Yeah, I noticed that as well when I applied it to a fresh install, I'll update the resource once I get back home tomorrow, should be a very simple thing to fix.
But for now here are the minor things you need to do to fix it:

Template: search
Find:
Code:
<div id="searchBar" class="pageWidth">
Replace with:
Code:
<div id="searchBar">

That should fix the width so that you dont have the huge transparent areas

Yeah, I noticed that as well when I applied it to a fresh install, I'll update the resource once I get back home tomorrow, should be a very simple thing to fix.
But for now here are the minor things you need to do to fix it:

Template: search
Find:
Code:
<div id="searchBar" class="pageWidth">
Replace with:
Code:
<div id="searchBar">

That should fix the width so that you dont have the huge transparent areas
That works allot better :) and for anyone else looking the template is search_bar (just didn't want people replying saying they cant find the search template) - but it looks allot better now thanks for your help.

Thanks for this, it worked like a charm on 2.0b5. :) I should note that when I went to edit xenforo.js, I found that the code in that area had changed since then so I left the file as-is; so far I haven't encountered any glitches.

that's looking great, as it is much better "visible" than a white-on-white colored search-box (y)

Would be cool to make it into an Addon.....

:coffee:

that's looking great, as it is much better "visible" than a white-on-white colored search-box (y)

Would be cool to make it into an Addon.....

:coffee:
I do plan on making it an addon that just requites TMS, since with the latest XenForo version it seems I wont need to do any actual file edits, but I haven't really had time to do any proper testing on this yet

This works fine thanks!

However there is a problem with responsive: when on portrait mode the Search drop-down doesn't appear. Switching to landscape mode fixes the problem.

Any easy way to fix this?

Top Bottom