1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding "Rank" Images

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Sheldon, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

I am attempting to do something, that I am not even sure if its possible or not.

Currently, you can grab this add-on http://xenforo.com/community/threads/user-titles-based-on-message-count.32735/ and have your usertitle change based on posts, instead of trophy points, which I want to do.

My issue, I allow "Custom User Titles" for one, and the other, I want to change how the image appears in the postbit. Instead of being under the username, I want an image (regardless of if they change the usertitle themselves or not) to be shown based on total amount of posts.

Here is the image I am going off of:
    ranks.png

Where the contact card is, I would like my ranks to appear.

Is this a styling (combined with the above add-on) issue, or is this practically a new add-on? If so, please, feel free to move to correct area...

2. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

0xym0r0n likes this.
  3. Sheldon

Well, not exactly... with that add-on (not sure what customizations you plan), you would have medals adding up, showing multiple. I want 1 image displayed at all times, based on post count.

Although I think I recall it having an option somewhere to only show "x" amount of medals, and option to show "latest".

4. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

I plan to use the stock XF criteria system that is used for Notices/Trophies/Promotions/Notifications.

This can very much be done via an addon as far as feasibility goes.

5. Sheldon

Seems to me with what is already here, this would still be attainable...

6. Sheldon

Figured it out thanks to a myriad of posts throughout the forums. Will post as resource for template modification....

Shelley likes this.
  7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Nice jobStewart. I've always been meaning to get around to trying this but never did. If I read correctly (and in the messageuserinfo) the image will change when a user reaches a postcount that you've set? And this will be done automatically? I mean the image will change automatically when the user reaches that <insert postcount here>?

If so I look forward in that release as I have many progression member ranks that I can post that will utilize this perfectly.

8. Sheldon

Yes, but as shown in the image above, it will change the location. Also, I might need your help in moving my image location... haha.