XF 2.2 Adding quote button to toolbar

Davsas76

On my old forums (VB ) we had a button that would auto populate a quote code to change that text to a different format.

I can see this can be done on here, but can a button be added to the edit bar to invoke it?

please see image belowD5DE7E3A-3B4C-4877-8CE6-DA8EF6A7AE39.webp

It is, but this other one gave the option of a changed font and colours to show it was a specific quote
Do you mean the user has the option to choose font and colour for each quote? It's a long time I used vBulletin but maybe it did do some other stuff.

Otherwise you can obviously do that globally via CSS (blockquote)

Also, you can use the bbcode button manager to put the quote button wherever you want, ie a position in the main bb button menu or thye submenu/s dropdown

Last edited:
So it had a button in the editor, that when clicked inserted [laws] [/laws] , anything the user put between them was formatted differently to show it was a Rugby Law, if I’ve explained it correctly. Just trying to save the user having to change the text manually and it does it for them, but also all reference to laws is universal and so it’s immediately obvious it’s a law

So it had a button in the editor, that when clicked inserted [laws] [/laws] , anything the user put between them was formatted differently to show it was a Rugby Law, if I’ve explained it correctly. Just trying to save the user having to change the text manually and it does it for them, but also all reference to laws is universal and so it’s immediately obvious it’s a law
OK, so not a part of default vbulletin. This is nothing to do with the quote button but a custom bbcode which you can set up in Admin CP > Content > custom bbcodes

Likewise you can use [LAWS] , whatever icon you want in text editor and style it how you like in extra.less

See here:

Top Bottom