Adding links to the visitor tab

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

How do you add own links to the visitor tab (template hook navigator_visitor_tab_links1)?

i'm using str_replace (had to change it now to preg_replace) to search </ul> and replace it with mine code...
PHP:
if ($name == 'navigation_visitor_tab_links1') {
if (Ragtek_Invite_Helper::perm('canUse')) {
$search = '</ul>';
$replace = $template->create('ragtek_invite_visitortab') .'</ul>';
$contents = str_replace($search, $replace, $contents);
}
}
Is this ok?

Problem is, that there is at least 1 add-on which adds a own <ul> list there.

So if my add-on runs AFTER this, it will find 2 ul lists, and insert the link 2 times. (so i had to run preg_replace instead of str_replace, but isn't inserting a second ul list false because then you have at least 3 ul lists which aren't in the right position??

Using substr_replace($contents, $replace, 0, 0) will insert your data once, right before the first instance of what you are searching for, so you do not need to add .'</ul>' to the end of $replace.

I'm doing it with preg_replace which is already replace it once and stop it, BUt i want to know what's the right way for this.

A well-behaved add-on should replace the token so that other add-ons can str_replace on the same token.

Are you suggesting that it is preferable for each add-on to use str_replace in order to insert a link to the list.
Surely moving the hook inside the <ul> tags and allowing add-ons to simply add a list item <li> would be much preferred.

Are you suggesting that it is preferable for each add-on to use str_replace in order to insert a link to the list.
Surely moving the hook inside the <ul> tags and allowing add-ons to simply add a list item <li> would be much preferred.
Yes you're right. I'm really not sure why we did it that way...

<what about "html comments" like in the sidebar?*g*
then we could use them and place our link where we want:)

(but to be honest, i'm really hopping that you'll implement something like tms soon)

Quick Note:

This was changed in xf 1.1
If anybody wants to include now something into the account menu, you can do this without the need of str_replace or anything else
Code:
<li>link</li>
PHP:
<xen:hook name="navigation_visitor_tab_links1">
                    <li><a href="{xen:link account/personal-details}">{xen:phrase personal_details}</a></li>
                    <xen:if is="{$canEditSignature}"><li><a href="{xen:link account/signature}">{xen:phrase signature}</a></li></xen:if>
                    <li><a href="{xen:link account/contact-details}">{xen:phrase contact_details}</a></li>
                    <li><a href="{xen:link account/privacy}">{xen:phrase privacy}</a></li>
                    <li><a href="{xen:link account/preferences}">{xen:phrase preferences}</a></li>
                    <li><a href="{xen:link account/alert-preferences}">{xen:phrase alert_preferences}</a></li>
                    <xen:if is="{$canUploadAvatar}"><li><a href="{xen:link account/avatar}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="true">{xen:phrase avatar}</a></li></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}"><li><a href="{xen:link account/facebook}">{xen:phrase facebook_integration}</a></li></xen:if>
                    <li><a href="{xen:link account/security}">{xen:phrase password}</a></li>
                </xen:hook>
                </ul>
                <ul class="col2 blockLinksList">
                <xen:hook name="navigation_visitor_tab_links2">
                    <li><a href="{xen:link account/news-feed}">{xen:phrase your_news_feed}</a></li>
                    <li><a href="{xen:link account/alerts}">{xen:phrase your_alerts}</a></li>
                    <li><a href="{xen:link watched/threads}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li>
                    <li><a href="{xen:link account/likes}">{xen:phrase likes_youve_received}</a></li>
                    <li><a href="{xen:link search/member, '', 'user_id={$visitor.user_id}'}">{xen:phrase your_content}</a></li>
                    <li><a href="{xen:link account/following}">{xen:phrase people_you_follow}</a></li>
                    <li><a href="{xen:link account/ignored}">{xen:phrase people_you_ignore}</a></li>
                    <xen:if is="{$xenCache.userUpgradeCount}"><li><a href="{xen:link account/upgrades}">{xen:phrase account_upgrades}</a></li></xen:if>
                </xen:hook>
[/code]

Top Bottom