Not a bug Adding links to Facebook: Can't show thread images as thumbnail

yavuz

I don't know if anyone is experiencing this issue. When I try to add a link to my Facebook wall, Facebook normally pulls images from the link. You can navigate through thumbnail images if there are multiple ones, to be showed as thumbnail.

First I thought this was a host related issue. But on the same host when links from joomla or Wordpress can accomplish this, XenForo can't. Also some users in our community are experiencing the same thing (problem).

It this designed this way or is it a software problem ?

y2gRi.png

Do you mean the default logo or your own logo?
Or is it that any logo isn't working?

Your screenshot above would indicate that it is displaying the default logo OK.

It works fine when recommending links from here or my own site.

Or do you mean attached or embedded images within the thread?

Do you mean the default logo or your own logo?
Or is it that any logo isn't working?

Your screenshot above would indicate that it is displaying the default logo OK.

It works fine when recommending links from here or my own site.

Or do you mean attached or embedded images within the thread?

Default logo can be replaced, that I know. I meant attached or embedded images withing thread won't show.

This is how Facebook works if it finds open graph tags. We have mentioned it to people at FB. You have to remove the og tags (thread_view template) if you want to give people image options.

This is how Facebook works if it finds open graph tags. We have mentioned it to people at FB. You have to remove the og tags (thread_view template) if you want to give people image options.

It would be nice if this were presented in xenforo facebook options. What exactly do I need to remove in the thread_view template Mike ?

Thanks.

Remove this:
Code:
<xen:container var="$head.openGraph"><xen:include template="open_graph_meta">
		<xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread}</xen:set>
		<xen:set var="$title">{$thread.title}</xen:set>
	</xen:include></xen:container>

is this the same issue as when I "recommend" a post to Facebook then the image is still the default XF-image......??

For some reason it's picking up the cron image instead of the logo.og image.

I noticed you're still running RC2 though, there have been a few changes related to FB so I would recommend upgrading to RC3.

Top Bottom