1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding HTML below the signature.

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by mjda, Mar 8, 2013.

1. mjda

mjda Active Member

I've been looking, unsuccessfully, for a way to add some HTML below the signature on all posts. I need to put it after the signature, but before the 'messageMeta'.

If anyone could help me figure this out, it'd be greatly appreciated.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Quick and easy way:

Admin CP > Appearance > Templates

Title: message

In that template you will see:

Code:
    		<xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature}">
    			<div class="baseHtml signature ugc{xen:if $message.isIgnored, ' ignored'}"><aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>
    		</xen:if>
    Directly below you can add your HTML.

3. mjda

mjda Active Member

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm looking for a way to do it like an addon because the HTML will change for every member. I have the template for it built, which I have to pass additional parameters to, but haven't been able to figure out how to add it yet. I tried making a event code listener at the 'message_content' hook and changing the value of '$message.signatureHtml', but it doesn't then carry on to the signature part of the 'message' template.

I know it's working, because if I set the script to simply echo the altered '$hookParams['message']['signatureHtml']' to me it looks right. However, what is echoed to me isn't what is showed in the actual signature area of the posts.

4. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

5. mjda

mjda Active Member

I'll give it a look, but I think that addon adds the ad under the 'messageMeta'. Thanks, though. The more I look at this, the more I think I'll probably just have to edit the message template, which I really don't want to have to do. :confused: