Implemented Adding/Editing Polls

Forsaken

I know there was already a post requesting this: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/working-as-designed-not-able-to-edit-poll.352/ and that Mike said it was working as designed, but please review this.

While I know allowing the editing of polls is open to minor abuse, the likelihood of this happening is less severe then the inability to edit a poll in case options are missing, there is a mistake in the options or there is some other reason.

I also believe members should be allowed to add a poll after a thread has been posted; there have been several occasions on XenForo already where this functionality could have been used.

To offset the potential ability to abuse editing of polls, I believe polls should also be included in the post edit history system (If or when it is added), this way moderators would be able to check for any abuse if they notice anything. 

Upvote 37
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just posting to see whether there is a chance of this being added, and if there is, whether or not it'll be added before the BETA release date?

Like Mike said; as long as there are no votes yet it makes sense. Otherwise it's best left to a moderator to change it. I'm going to like this for both edit before votes and add poll to thread.

Like Mike said; as long as there are no votes yet it makes sense. Otherwise it's best left to a moderator to change it. I'm going to like this for both edit before votes and add poll to thread.
Before votes is fine, and what I'd prefer.

Just currently, there have been instances where people have had to request changes due to this not being added. 

I have requested some other features for polls so hopefully they will be given a bit of a makeover.

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...and-be-able-to-specify-number-of-options.644/
Except for the last part, those are things that are nice to have, but aren't really a requirement for the most part.

Editing and adding of polls is crucial in most cases, as people will decide to add one shortly after making a thread quite often enough, or will make a mistake when adding a poll originally.

More then anything, the first post is a request for them to change their stance (Mike has stated their reasoning in the past), and hopefully bringing a change on these features. 

In your opinion.

Polls on my forum would be useless if we couldn't do all of those.
Which is for your forum, I'm thinking for forums in general.

While those features would be nice, I don't view them as needful as the ability to add or edit polls to existing threads, especially when there isn't much time before the BETA release, which is why I bumped this topic. 

Those features are standard out of the box in phpBB.

I can't see a good reason why they shouldn't be part of the base code here.

Those features are standard out of the box in phpBB.

I can't see a good reason why they shouldn't be part of the base code here.
Thats great for phpBB; I don't expect it to be added when a date has been set for release, especially when I requested minor changes, and what you've suggested would be a full overhaul of the system it seems.

My bump post is requesting a response to see if this will be changed, and whether or not it'll be before or after the BETA release. 

Let's just agree to disagree then.

I consider them essential to the poll functionality. You don't.
No, I would consider them essential, but not as essential as adding and editing, which are much more commonly used.

Again, for the most part, I'm just hoping for a response, nothing more right now. 

My bump post is requesting a response to see if this will be changed, and whether or not it'll be before or after the BETA release.
I didn't say it wouldn't be changed. I simply noted that it's not simple because you have to limit what's editable.

But no, I wouldn't expect this before the beta and I couldn't tell you when things would change in the future either. It's the usual prioritization stuff.

I didn't say it wouldn't be changed. I simply noted that it's not simple because you have to limit what's editable.

But no, I wouldn't expect this before the beta and I couldn't tell you when things would change in the future either. It's the usual prioritization stuff.
Alright, thanks :)

2 years later ..... please?

2 years later ..... please?

If Polls are going to be "tweaked" .... hopefully these threads are looked at:

Other Polls suggestions:
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ount-as-a-reply-for-whats-new-purposes.24447/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/if-polls-are-important-why-cant-they-be-found.9493/

Polls and threads shouldn't be co-mingled.
Only vBulletin and Xenforo do this.

I'm not saying Polls can't benefit from some discussion ... but how vBulletin and Xenforo handles Polls are "just weird". In Xenforo .. poll participation is SUPER LOW, to the point that polls are almost useless.

I've suggested things to make Polls "more findable" (aka useful).

But when you demote polls to "just another thread" ... you inevitably get poor poll turnouts.

Polls need to be a different CONTENT Type than Threads.

Top Bottom