• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Adding advertisements with template edits

Is this still the best way to add Google Adsense to the forum, or is there a better option hereabouts?
Thanks.

I would recommend using the new ad_ templates which were introduced with version 1.0.0.

Just paste your code into the appropriate templates.

Where would I need to put my code if I wanted it centered right above the Home > Forum on top of the page and centered right below Home > Forum on the bottom of the page. My site for reference

Use the breadcrumb ad templates for that.
ad_above_top_breadcrumb
ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb

It works perfekt.

I can add any adbox I like but adsense will only show a blank spot! Not the ad. Other banners work fine just not Adsense.

What am I doing wrong?

Assuming you're using a valid AdSense code and account then they will display fine.

Hmm, I use the same account that I have on my blog and the ads work fine. But not on my forum. I added a code last night and this morning it was still blank.

I can add facebook plugins, and other codes fine.

Is there a special code I need to use for adsense to make it work?

Code:
<div style="text-align: center; margin-top:8px;">
    <script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "ca-pub-2340283517533441";
/* mlmsidebar */
google_ad_slot = "4786517978";
google_ad_width = 250;
google_ad_height = 250;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>
</div>

This is what I have on now in Forum_list

And this is what I added to the forum_list
<xen:include template="adsense_sidebar" />

With the adsense code :)

Anyone? My Google adsense account works fine. I tryed avery ad I have running on other sites but it will not show up on my forum? Is there some small thing I have to click on?

I hope I am ok to ask this in this thread,

I need to show 1 block add. 250x250 adsense within the last post. So block on the right, content of last post next to it on the left and below

Dumb question.

So, I added the advertisements after first post for non-upgraded users.

How owudl I add a message just before or after the ad saying something like, "Upgrade your account today to enjoy the forums ad-free. Click here to upgrade (link to accounts upgrade)."

Thanks,

Mike

Just add the text to the ad template above the ad code.

Something like:

Upgrade your account today to enjoy the forums ad-free.
Click here to upgrade: <a href="{xen:link account/upgrades}">{xen:phrase account_upgrades}</a>

Just change the text and layout so suit.

Top Bottom