XF 2 Adding a member rankings/results page?

PJK

I run a forum for timed puzzle solving. Members basically race to solve different puzzles and like to compare and record their times. I'd like to add fields to each profile where users can display their personal records on their profile, and then I'd like to have a page on the forum where you can see all the other members records and rankings.

I've hired 2 different people on here, 1 who produced some patchwork but didn't finish and looking to get this wrapped up ASAP. This is what has been done so far:

Here are a few things that need to be fixed:
) If someone leaves a field blank, it puts in 0.00 and then they get ranked. This shouldn't happen - if left blank it should stay blank (some events don't use Mo3 for example, while others do).
2) If a user wants to delete an event from their profile, they can't. This needs to be enabled.
3) There needs to be an ability for admins to delete times from profile that are fake.
4) Times should be able to be entered in seconds or in min:seconds.xx (2:15.34 is 2 min, 15.34 seconds), and should be displayed in the xx:xx.xx format. From a user: "Ideally this should work like it does in the weekly competition - you should be able to enter it either way and then have it convert to the best way to display for that particular case. The database should store in seconds, as you have now, but display for ideal viewing, and accept input data in either format. Ideally you'd go one better than the Weekly Competition and actually allow it displayed in hours too for long events."
5) When I go to the rank board (here), it shows a bunch of users. Why not truncate at top 10, then when "see more" is clicked, users can browser all the users. Currently when see more is clicked, it only shows 7 users.
6) I notice these server errors in the backend: ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined variable: rank src/addons/Rank/Pub/Controller/RankBoard.php:75

----

Basically I want each user profile to be able to record their personal records for various puzzles. For example see this site:
https://cubepb.com/
So there are many different events I can add right now, as well as various PBs for each event (like a 7x7x7 event may have Single, Ao5, Ao12 options for users to record). Then once users fill out their records in their profile, there is a rank page where users can see the top records on the forum and see their rank within.

----
If this is a task you'd like to work on, please let me know the estimated time it would take and the estimated cost. Ideally looking to have the current addon fixed and improved.
Thanks!
Patrick

I run a forum for timed puzzle solving. Members basically race to solve different puzzles and like to compare and record their times. I'd like to add fields to each profile where users can display their personal records on their profile, and then I'd like to have a page on the forum where you can see all the other members records and rankings.

I've hired 2 different people on here, 1 who produced some patchwork but didn't finish and looking to get this wrapped up ASAP. This is what has been done so far:

Here are a few things that need to be fixed:
) If someone leaves a field blank, it puts in 0.00 and then they get ranked. This shouldn't happen - if left blank it should stay blank (some events don't use Mo3 for example, while others do).
2) If a user wants to delete an event from their profile, they can't. This needs to be enabled.
3) There needs to be an ability for admins to delete times from profile that are fake.
4) Times should be able to be entered in seconds or in min:seconds.xx (2:15.34 is 2 min, 15.34 seconds), and should be displayed in the xx:xx.xx format. From a user: "Ideally this should work like it does in the weekly competition - you should be able to enter it either way and then have it convert to the best way to display for that particular case. The database should store in seconds, as you have now, but display for ideal viewing, and accept input data in either format. Ideally you'd go one better than the Weekly Competition and actually allow it displayed in hours too for long events."
5) When I go to the rank board (here), it shows a bunch of users. Why not truncate at top 10, then when "see more" is clicked, users can browser all the users. Currently when see more is clicked, it only shows 7 users.
6) I notice these server errors in the backend: ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined variable: rank src/addons/Rank/Pub/Controller/RankBoard.php:75

----

Basically I want each user profile to be able to record their personal records for various puzzles. For example see this site:
https://cubepb.com/
So there are many different events I can add right now, as well as various PBs for each event (like a 7x7x7 event may have Single, Ao5, Ao12 options for users to record). Then once users fill out their records in their profile, there is a rank page where users can see the top records on the forum and see their rank within.

----
If this is a task you'd like to work on, please let me know the estimated time it would take and the estimated cost. Ideally looking to have the current addon fixed and improved.
Thanks!
Patrick
Hello Patrick, Is this job still open?

I've had a developer make this, but having some small issues (such as being unable to delete records) and the dev. has disappeared. Looking to hire someone to fix this and get it working. Should be an easy fix to a XF dev. PM me if interested, thanks.

Top Bottom