MG 1.1 Added Categories to XenForo Media Gallery

pilot823

We imported everything from VB 4.0 two days ago, for some reason I can't find a way to Change the Categories in XenForo Media Gallery. When I click on
  • XenForo Media GalleryOptions that control the media gallery add-on.

I receive the following error.

Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Not sure why I would get this error since I'm the Admin

Ok, well all the permissions are set correctly from what Im looking at. Is there a setting list someplace I can look at to make sure they are correct.

Before we did the import everything work fine. Ever since the import even the user name we created during installation of xenforo is gone now.

Under the Applications tab, do you see the XenForo Media Gallery section, as pictured at the bottom of this screenshot?

1507945694229.webp

If not, if you go to Users > Administrators > (Your username) are you sure you have the "Manage XenForo Media Gallery" permission (bottom right corner)?

1507945760910.webp

The only thing that would stop the "Gallery Categories" link showing is not having the "Manage XenForo Media Gallery" permission.

OK, last question does Xenforo have a default user group name Super Adminitiator?

The reason I ask, is I believe this may be my problem. Someone that help me run my vb board couple years ago made a user group called Super Administrator it's seem like that carry over to Xenforo during the improt. Basically the dude was causing problem on my board and I removed him but the group still exist and it has premision above mine.

When I try to go Users, administrator I get the following error. You must be super administrator to access this page. This can be configured in the library/config.php

Just thinking this may be my problems because everything work fine before I did the import.

XF does have "Super Administrator"; it is an admin account that has all admin permissions. As it mentions, these can be changed in config.php.

In you config.php file you will see something like this:
PHP:
$config['superAdmins'] = '1';
This can be a comma separated string of user IDs and whichever Administrator users have their IDs listed here will have all permissions and be able to manage other Administrator users.

If you should be the only Super Admin user then you should change it so it contains your user ID only, e.g. if your user ID is 2 then change the value to:
PHP:
$config['superAdmins'] = '2';
You should then have all admin permissions automatically.

Top Bottom