• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add Twitter to Sidebar

Travis

Using Trombones13's Guide to adding Custom Sidebar Blocks , I thought I would have a go at adding Twitter Feeds to the Sidebar.

Style One:Twitter Feed

1. First,go to http://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets/widget_profile and input your username and design it to your satisfaction. For best results,the dimensions should be set to width:225,height:300.When you have finished designing it,click "Finish & Grab code".Copy the code to your clipboard.
  2. Go to your Admin CP >> Appearance >> Templates >> Create New Template. Name the template whatever you want. For this example,I am calling it "twitter_feed".
  3. Paste the following into your template.
Code:
<div class="section">

<div class="secondaryContent">YOUR TWITTER CODE HERE </div>
</div>
*Remember to replace "YOUR TWITTER CODE HERE" with the code you have copied from the twitter page.
EXAMPLE CODE:
Code:
<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
<script src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script>
<script>
new TWTR.Widget({
  version: 2,
  type: 'profile',
  rpp: 4,
  interval: 6000,
  width: 225,
  height: 300,
  theme: {
    shell: {
      background: '#333333',
      color: '#ffffff'
    },
    tweets: {
      background: '#000000',
      color: '#ffffff',
      links: '#4aed05'
    }
  },
  features: {
    scrollbar: true,
    loop: false,
    live: false,
    hashtags: true,
    timestamp: true,
    behavior: 'all'
  }
}).render().setUser('TravisM661').start();
</script>
    </div>
</div>

4. Save and Exit Template​
5. Open "PAGE_CONTAINER" and find {xen:raw $sidebar}. Paste <xen:include template="name_of_your_custom_template" />.Immediately after it,Like this:​
Code:
<!-- sidebar -->
                <aside>
                    <div class="sidebar">
                        <xen:if is="!{$noVisitorPanel}"><xen:include template="sidebar_visitor_panel" /></xen:if>
                        {xen:raw $sidebar}
<xen:include template="twitter_feed" />
                   </div>
                </aside>
            </xen:if>

Attachments

• NCIS Addict.webp
    NCIS Addict.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 274
VERY nice! Thanks for posting the screenies. I'll add this to my site once it's up and going.

Actually it would be wonderful if all of these template edits could be made into plugins, so we don't have to re-do all the edits on upgrade.

Top Bottom